IGNORED

ASC and ABS faults

Matts_12GS

Bike: 2013 R1200GSW

Mileage: 9700

I did a service on my bike and split the final drive to lube the splines and drain the FD the same way I have done on my oil and hexhead bikes. 

I didn't do a test ride right after and finally got the bike out today. I threw these two warning lights, 

The ASC says that the bike didn't finish it's self test because of a wheel sensor.

The ABS says that I may or may not have ABS and to get to a dealer. 

Fluid levels are good, the sensor is clean, and everything had worked perfectly before I pulled the sensor to do the service. 

It's all back together properly, but I'll be damned if I know what to do next. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

13 hours ago, Matts_12GS said:

Bike: 2013 R1200GSW

Mileage: 9700

I did a service on my bike and split the final drive to lube the splines and drain the FD the same way I have done on my oil and hexhead bikes. 

I didn't do a test ride right after and finally got the bike out today. I threw these two warning lights, 

The ASC says that the bike didn't finish it's self test because of a wheel sensor.

The ABS says that I may or may not have ABS and to get to a dealer. 

Fluid levels are good, the sensor is clean, and everything had worked perfectly before I pulled the sensor to do the service. 

It's all back together properly, but I'll be damned if I know what to do next. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Morning Matt

Without a GS-911 (or dealer computer) about all we can do is guess but it sure points to a rear wheel sensor issue.

So make sure that the the rear speed sensor is fully plugged into the bike's wire harness (just follow the rear wheel sensor pig tail until you find the connector).

You didn't loose the rear wheel sensor centering ring did you? You might also remove the rear speed sensor & check for any damage.

Anything else (or other service) done to the bike that same time as the rear drive service??????

B5khZNQ.jpg

Morning DR,

I'll check the for the ring and see if I can find anything with that connector.  

As for services, I had just done oil, spark plugs, and air/oil filters. 

Score one more for @dirtrider!

I pulled the wheel today, worked the sensor into the drive more "solidly" and the reseated the connector.  I'm not sure which action did it, but the fault cleared.  I'll keep an eye on it and see if that is the true cause. 

Thanks again, DR!

• Like 5