IGNORED

How is it possible

Rider1260

I figured hey your not getting any younger and my sport bikes left me beat up after a longer ride, so after a short hospital stay resulted in trading in my Suzuki SV1000 and picking up a mint 2008 RT I figured I would be slowing down a bit , not cornering as hard , not going as fast ;) 

How could I be so wrong !!! 

My RT feels just as fast if not faster than my SV , way faster in role - on or passing without a down shift.

I look down and I'm going like a bat out of hell without trying.

and the handling is SO effortless , so light  this bike should not be this flickable.

Just did a route for my favorite "racer" roads was planing on just rolling thru just to get the feel ( still cold also ) but 50 is doable with this thing :) 

I roll in and dam I turn to hard so I come back thru lighter touch more speed and its on rails.

Such a different experience , hands high , windshield in my face , power without noise or drama.

The turn signals for some reason take up to much brain power for me yet but its coming. 

This is going to be a GREAT riding year !!!! why did I wait so long 

Very nice - I was told before I received my first BMW by a Beemer owner that, "the nice thing is about Beemers, you don't even think about cornering, they just do it."

I think you're going to really like your RT.

And you can tour on it. My ‘17 RT has the Japanese style turn signal switch and being so used to the Beemer style I have to think about them too much now. It’s the only thing I dislike about the bike. You’ll get used to it. Enjoy. It gets better. 

• Like 1

The RT is one of those bikes that, if it suits you, it REALLY suits you. If found the best way to describe it to  be this: BMW came along, measured me up, asked about my wants and needs on two wheels and delivered the RT.