IGNORED

Innovation in Helping

chrisolson

Sometimes one person with a good idea can make a difference.  Helping create a means for folks to temporarily donate their unused RV  so  ER and other medical personnel  can come "home" after work but still isolate so the risk to their families is greatly reduced.

LINKY

• Like 2

How will they disinfect the RVs? It would seem you would need an effective virucide that could be delivered via a fogging method. 

35 minutes ago, AZgman said:

How will they disinfect the RVs?

Wouldn’t placing it in quarantine for xx days suffice?

roadscholar
1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

Wouldn’t placing it in quarantine for xx days suffice?

Most RV's are in quarantine, they sit in storage lots 98% of the time..

I think MikeB60 said he was staying in his RV for awhile after coming back from a trip a couple weeks ago.

szurszewski

From what I’ve read so far, just leaving it alone as suggested above should do it. The virus has been shown to survive on surfaces for a time, but not a long time. 

My folks took their rv with them when they went into self imposed quarantine, but they are actually staying at our family beach house. I suspect the only reason they took the rv was so my dad could fiddle with and have somewhere to hide when he gets antsy and starts annoying my stepmom!

9 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Most RV's are in quarantine, they sit in storage lots 98% of the time..

I think MikeB60 said he was staying in his RV for awhile after coming back from a trip a couple weeks ago.

RV is not a true representation of my 1996 Gulfstream.  To say it's a hooptie would be a complement but the AC and water heater works!  I keep it and a loaded gun in a trailer park in Enterprise AL (just picture every stereotype of a trailer park in Alabama and that's where its parked).  Fort Rucker (work) is 100 miles from the house so it's been my crash pad 3 nights a week for the last 8 or so years.  I would definitely offer it up, teleworking for the foreseeable future, but not sure I would get any takers especially if they saw my neighbors!

I did stay in it for a week after returning from California on 20 March.  Spoke with our flight surgeon and decided to come home on the 27th.  Me and the Golden Retriever are staying upstairs till the 3rd.  

• Like 1