IGNORED

Top pages not updating

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker

It used to be, when I went back (using my browser's back button) after all the posts in a topic, the topic list would update to show that topic as read.  Now it doesn't, and I have to manually refresh the page.  This is true of both the main forum list and all the individual forum and sub-forum topic pages.  What's up with that?

Should say I'm using Safari 13.1 on a Mac.

I'm on 13.0.5 in my iMac , but I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.  Might be tomorrow ...

Is it possible this has been exhibiting this behavior for a few days ? There was a vendor "security" update last week or early this which might have created this change.  Many of their updates address multiple issues ... and of course change can create unintended collateral "damage" .  If so, not much we can do other than report it as an issue that could be addressed in a future release.

Not sure exactly how you're configured re: topic list"  , but the "non read" post indicator (to the left of the forum and topic) do react as expected for me ... that is they turn off when the last unread post is read ... and using the browser back button to go back up the chain.

Bottom line ... unfortunately I don't have an answer.  Might be a 13.1 vs 13.0.5 thing

Bill_Walker

It's working fine now on my other computer, also running 13.0.5.  So maybe it's a Safari 13.1 issue.

2 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

So maybe it's a Safari 13.1 issue.

Yep !  Hopefully mine does't auto update ... but actually I've switched over to using Firefox most often anyway.

23 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

So maybe it's a Safari 13.1 issue.

definitely ... Imac system update to 10.15.4 which included safari 13.1  and now I have the same issue :facepalm:

Bill_Walker

I went to "Settings for this website..." under the the Safari menu and unchecked "enable content blockers" (which might be something my ad blocker put there), and it fixed the problem.  Once.  Actually, I suspect it just forced the page to reload.

12 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Once.  Actually, I suspect it just forced the page to reload.

Agreed ...did same thing.  However, it seems that using the breadcrumb menu to back up (rather than back button) does clear the indicator probably because it forces a reload also.

• Like 1