IGNORED

WTB - early R1100S front rotors

szurszewski

szurszewski

I'm looking for a pair of front brake rotors for a 2001 R1100S w/ABS. It is a late 2000 build, so it takes the smaller (305mm - NOT 320mm) rotors. With or without the ABS ring doesn't matter - I have one of those already (and a set of warped rotors!).

BMW part #s for reference:

34 11 233 5 747 (left) 

34 11 233 5 748 (right)

Let me know what you have and what you'd want to ship it to me in WA zip 98512. 

thanks!

josh

reference pic stolen from Beemer Boneyard:

image.thumb.png.b5f05b7c4dc672b6b4149c582fc629ad.png

There are several of these listed on eBay. I didn’t go through each listing for the particulars. I have had good results looking for front rotors for my RT. Use the BMW part numbers without spaces for your search. It’s best if the listing says that they are straight. If it doesn’t say how much they measure, send the seller a question asking for that.  New thickness of my RT rotors is 5.00 mm, I just installed a set that measures 4.84 mm and the buttons feel tight like new. 

Good luck.

szurszewski

Thanks @Michaelr11 - I have been checking eBay. Last check (earlier today) found a bunch of aftermarket rotors, but all either comparable in price to the ones from Beemer Boneyard or shipping from Asia or Europe - thinking that might not be ideal for shipping right now. There are two listings for SINGLE used rotors in the US, which I might go for if can't find anything here. I could also actually check the runout on the rotors I have - maybe I'll get lucky and only replace one (though I'd rather just get a pair). 

9 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Thanks @Selden , but the ones I need they don’t have used (they do have new sets for less than BMW, but still more hundreds than is in my budget...). 

I did get on the email list - these are the rotors I need:

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/34112335748.html

I wouldn't count on "being on the list" to produce any results.  I tried that a few times and never heard a peep.  No telling how many others are on the list in front of you.

szurszewski

I’ve made it to the top of the list before, eventually, but I think I’d found the parts elsewhere by then. Other than not always having what I want used, though, they always have given great service - who knows, maybe the demand for these discs is low enough I might get lucky. 

• Like 1

@szurszewski I picked up a Chinese rear rotor for my 1999 R1100RT about 20,000 miles ago for around $70. The machining appeared excellent, the surface had a fine cross-hatch, and it has performed flawlessly since then. YMMV. Good luck, keep us posted.

• Thanks 1
szurszewski
14 hours ago, LBump said:

That is a great idea, but according to their website I'd have to REALLY upgrade - like, so an S1000RR or a HP4; those are the only BMWs I could find any parts for (BMW isn't even in their dropdown list for model years prior to 2010). Tempting idea though, because these really are quite pretty:

image.thumb.png.d1fc01154fcabed2c42d5d4a073a419a.png

I did order a set from ebay this morning - so *maybe* I'm set. The seller confirmed the correct diameter and assures me they are flat, but I'll only go as far as being cautiously optimistic until I get them in hand and see what's up. If he can get them shipped and the postal service (or the rest of society) doesn't collapse, I should have them sometime this coming week and will update this thread accordingly.