IGNORED

Bring-A-Trailer Bargain

John Ranalletta

You can occasionally get great deals but you really have to be ready with your trigger finger (ala FleaBay).  I’ve just missed two E30’s over the last few months.  The comments about their auctions usually flush out the dogs (no offense to my canine buddies). 

szurszewski

I sort of somehow got the impression that there was no reserve....

Seems like a less interesting/unusual ride than I typically see on BaT, but maybe my perspective is skewed bully spending very little time there and a LOT of time here and on ADV.

@JamesW is in Florence - maybe he needs another bike to tinker on...

szurszewski

2 hours ago, AZgman said:

Looks like a photo shop picture. Beware.

The pic in the OP or did you actually open the link? There are LOTS of pics in the actual listing. 

roadscholar
9 hours ago, ltljohn said:

Just looked up the $5170 now

It's $6666. now with six days to go..

8 hours ago, szurszewski said:

:)

7 hours ago, AZgman said:

Looks like a photo shop picture. Beware.

Of the 136 photos many of them detailed, at least 4 were in the offroad setting. It looks like he may have highlighted the bike some (editing) on an otherwise dreary day but don't think he photo shopped it into that setting.

BaT has built a pretty good reputation by keeping fraud to a minimum, I'm sure they've seen all the tricks and know what to look for in the screening process. Plus generally speaking anything under about 10-15k or that's relatively common usually gets a no reserve as they don't need a bunch of no sales. I'll take a WAG it ends up bringing 8500. to 9k, it appears well-preserved and has some nice extras. 

Edit, Josh beat me to it on the photos..

7 hours ago, roadscholar said:

BaT has built a pretty good reputation by keeping fraud to a minimum,

They also have auction sniper protection in that if someone tries to use a sniper program and hit the bid at the last moment, the auction will extend two minutes.  While it doesn't completely defeat the auction sniper software, it does show that BaT is trying to mitigate that issue.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, szurszewski said:

Seems like a less interesting/unusual ride than I typically see on BaT, but maybe my perspective is skewed bully spending very little time there and a LOT of time here and on ADV.

@JamesW is in Florence - maybe he needs another bike to tinker on...

Now isn't that interesting?  For a minute I thought this was my neighbor's bike.  Nope, don't want another bike.  I'm on my last two motorcycles.  I recognize the location of some of the pictures from coast highway 101 about halfway between Florence and Reedsport.  My favorite local ride and not just for the Sugar Shack in Reedsport.:D

• Like 1
roadscholar
On 3/26/2020 at 11:56 PM, roadscholar said:

I'll take a WAG it ends up bringing 8500. to 9k, it appears well-preserved and has some nice extras. 

Some probably thought that was a little strong at the time, it ended up bringing $11k.

roadscholar

For sure, he got all the money but BaT is a great place to sell stuff if it’s really clean and well documented. Looked like that was a good example.