IGNORED

GOIN' RIDIN'....

Being  "high risk" in all categories, the grocery store's off-limits, but the RT is NOT....goin' riding' today with 2 buddies.  Packing a lunch and will maintain at least 6' distance throughout the 200+ miles!   Life's good!

JB on Cherohala Skyway 9:27:2019.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

Being  "high risk" in all categories, the grocery store's off-limits, but the RT is NOT....goin' riding' today with 2 buddies.  Packing a lunch and will maintain at least 6' distance throughout the 200+ miles!   Life's good!

We, being me, DyAnne, and my son are planning a ride up to Mount Cheeah this weekend.  Same deal, packin lunch and at least 6'!  Cant wait! 

• Like 3

See, I thought I was the only one. My bikes do seem to enjoy a little fondle every now and again. ;) What....that’s not weird, is it? :dontknow: :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

We, being me, DyAnne, and my son are planning a ride up to Mount Cheeah this weekend.  Same deal, packin lunch and at least 6'!  Cant wait! 

We were there today.  Hope you get there this weekend!  The store at the lodge is open via all transactions going thru the window, so water/soft drinks can be bought there.  But no restrooms at the store are open.  Restrooms are inside the gate, which requires payment of $5.  There are, however, a lot of trees along the way.....  

Consider packing lunches....  wish times were more relaxing, I'd love to meet up with you guys, since I live about 20 miles from Cheaha lodge.   Ride Safe!

• Thanks 1
terryofperry
30 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

There are, however, a lot of trees along the way.....  

John, I'm sure Mike & his son will be fine, did you spot any ladies trees for DyAnne?

Terry

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Dropped by the storage area and fondled the GS today.

....the cat fondled my legs as I walked out this morning and again when I got home....she's always hungry for something......

3 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

We were there today.  Hope you get there this weekend!  The store at the lodge is open via all transactions going thru the window, so water/soft drinks can be bought there.  But no restrooms at the store are open.  Restrooms are inside the gate, which requires payment of $5.  There are, however, a lot of trees along the way.....  

Consider packing lunches....  wish times were more relaxing, I'd love to meet up with you guys, since I live about 20 miles from Cheaha lodge.   Ride Safe!

Thanks for the update!  We will give you a yell once things settle down. 

3 hours ago, terryofperry said:

John, I'm sure Mike & his son will be fine, did you spot any ladies trees for DyAnne?

Terry

Good one!  DyAnne will be ok she was a Soldier for five years and has used the mens trees many times!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Some of the best riding area in AL. I love the road that goes north into Talladega. It is a hoot. Also hwy 49 coming from the south is a great road. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bernie said:

Also hwy 49 coming from the south is a great road. 

Yep, we catch 49 around Tuskegee and work our way North from there.  

6 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Yep, we catch 49 around Tuskegee and work our way North from there.  

There is also a road, that run’s parallel to 281, south of Cheaha, but north of Lineville.

I think it is Clay County31 and Clairmont Springs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
RandyShields

Social distancing at our gas stop on a ride up to the NC mountains this morning, a day before the statewide stay at home order goes into effect.

Social distancing.jpg

• Like 6

Had a great ride up to Cheaha yesterday with DyAnne and my son. Glad we got out, Alabama just got the shelter in place order. Looks like it will be awhile before the next ride. Pics of Mike and Mike with DyAnne at the lower parking lot. 

20200329_121632.jpg

20200329_121517.jpg

• Like 8
John Ranalletta
On 3/26/2020 at 3:20 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Dropped by the storage area and fondled the GS today.

Just today signed a lease on another garage attached to our apartment.  Likely, tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll pull the GS and our riding equipment to have it ready when the weather warms.

RandyShields
8 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Just today signed a lease on another garage attached to our apartment.  Likely, tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll pull the GS and our riding equipment to have it ready when the weather warms.

That is later this week John!

terryofperry
10 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Had a great ride up to Cheaha yesterday with DyAnne and my son. Glad we got out, Alabama just got the shelter in place order. Looks like it will be awhile before the next ride. Pics of Mike and Mike with DyAnne at the lower parking lot. 

20200329_121632.jpg

20200329_121517.jpg

Glad y'all got out Mike, great to see DyAnne is healing well.

Terry

• Like 1