IGNORED

LED lights for RT

jakeF14

Hello i'm a newbie this is my first BMW and i love it, with that said are there any LED light bulbs that someone could recomend for the headlight on the RT?

i'm comming from HD and kinda like the white light from the LEDs'

Hi, welcome aboard and congratulations. 

I would recommend you try the search feature on here and other boards like bmwlt.com and forums.bmwmoa.org (you need to join but you were going to do that anyways...right?). You will read about 1,000 posts (a lot from me) about the subject. Your headlight housing is the same as any Wethead (2014+ RT). 

• 4 weeks later...

Back in 2018, I fitted the Cyclops LEDs in my 2018 R200RT but they interfered with the radio so eventually I removed them. Fitting them is not that easy as they are a very tight fit and you really need to remove the headlight unit (a lot of work) in order to fit them. But once in, the light output is stunning and so much better than the OEM halogens. 

I now have a 2020 R1250RT and Cyclops have brought out a new RT kit that apparently does not interfere with the radio. I have fitted the new 2020 RT kit but being on lock-down I have no idea if they interfere with the radio yet.

If you are in the UK and do not have the radio fitted in your RT and are interested in my old LEDs drop me a PM as they are just taking up space in my garage.

Good luck in your search for the best LED upgrade.