IGNORED

I got it this morning

dduelin

I've been working from home since last Friday. My job usually engages me face to face with many people throughout the day in all sorts of businesses from mom & pops to facilities of the largest international conglomerates. The best part of my job is the people I meet. Also it's the worst part but that is another subject another day.

Isolated at home seems like a vacation until it's not so last night at bedtime I decided to ride a motorcycle to work today. I was determined to see the sun rise from the seat of a motorcycle, to smell the myriad of scents, to feel the difference two degrees of temperature change makes when the road dips and rises in a glen of trees, to ride through twilight & darkness only to see the tinges of pink, blue, and gold in the east and finally the sun over the horizon. To see if I can drag a peg in a particular corner. To let God show me that his creation is still new and beautiful and made for his children to enjoy.

So I got up a little early, dressed and left 45 minutes before sunrise on dawn patrol. Though I live in an urban area I have a few roads along the St. Johns River that qualify and I made haste when I could, suffered traffic when I had to, and found I still am not able to touch a peg down on the new-me-me RT.

In an hour fifteen I was back home, the motorcycle softly making those ticking noises of hot metal cooling off, my mind cleared and ready for the day. Coming into the house the dogs were happy to see me again so soon and my wife was still softly sleeping.

Part of what riding to work did for me was just seeing the world around me is still up and going, with people going to work, with congestion in the usual places, people going about their business. This meant more to me then I imagined it would. The world is spinning like usual, life will go on, normalcy will return, and in that sunrise I know that Romans 8:28 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16 are as true today as when Paul wrote them and when my heart first understood them.

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 10

Working from home, flexible hours, gives me a nice window of opportunity for a ride in the middle of the day when the temperature is near its peak. I've been using that opportunity the past few days to put a few hundred miles on the bike. It surely does clear the mind.

Couldn't agree more… Managed to get 80 miles in last Saturday in a last-minute jaunt.   What do you know? All of the noise went away, the hysteria and press coverage were nowhere to be found. I just listened to my motorcycle for a few hours ........ this too shall pass guys.   No better social space then inside a helmet.

• Like 2