IGNORED

Does anyone on this board have COVID-19?

Whip

I would like to know what the symptoms are, how you found out you have it and what you are going through?

...and if we can help in any way.

I don't want any links to other peoples experiences or stories from relatives or neighbors I got all that I need... FIRST HAND INFO ONLY!

Thankfully, I have no firsthand knowledge .....I will say that I requested specific information from my Primary Physician as to the current protocol for suspecting COVID-19 infection and testing and if tested positive what's the next step ....and only received general advice that if fever is less than 101 and symptoms have been less that a week then ...rest at home and take over counter medications ... with the  only other suggestion i that if I'm concerned about the severity and duration of the symptoms , then call the office and they will advise at that point.

No mention or any advise on anything specific to COVID-19

Which means to me .... there is no plan  .... scary. 

Just now, lawnchairboy said:

I think by the time this situation resolves 5/10 people will have had it and never known.

That's a really good point. As for those of us who work on the front lines in Health Care...just a matter of time. As long as the symptoms are relatively mild, no need to do anything other than stay away from others as there's no treatment. If you do get sick enough, (difficulty breathing) to require supportive treatment, that's when you call your doctor...

• Like 2
Bill_Walker

The key point, though, is to behave as though you DO have COVID-19 and don't want to spread it to others.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

The key point, though, is to behave as though you DO have COVID-19

I traveled thru WA and SEA a few days ago to AK, and am quarantining myself for 2 weeks. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ken S said:

I traveled thru WA and SEA a few days ago to AK, and am quarantining myself for 2 weeks. 

Remember to tell the Moose, Bear and Deer. :grin:

In an effort to jinx myself. The at work calls seem to have slowed for now. I believe the people that were prone to panic have already done so. Also, common sense may have prevailed as far as, if I’m sick or compromised medically, the hospital is the last place I’d want to be right now. Unless serious of course.

• Like 3

NAFAIK. We’ve  been pretty self-isolating over the past few days. The last hurrah was last Saturday, in a county where, as of today, there are no reported cases. 

It seems likely that we’ll eventually get it, and most likely will survive. Our financial and legal affairs are well in order, and have been for some time. I’d prefer to hang around for a while, but am cognizant of the fact that few of us are immortal. 

I have been self-isolating by choice. Nancy has been w/o choice. A week ago Monday she stepped on the swim ladder on the stern of our boat, the tongue went up, the rear of the boat went down and the bottom of the swim ladder ended up on top of her left foot and her right foot on the first rung. No broken bones, severely bruised. Still using a walker to get around the house as it is too painful to put weight on her foot.

I would expect that most members here will follow the guidelines to protect themselves as well as protect others. I hope everyone else does the same.

• Like 1

nothing in my home.  My wife is a teacher and my son a student at the local college.  I am very surprised. But we have a high probability of being infected, and just not showing symptoms.  My wife's school is out for at least 3 weeks.  My son's college has already announced online learning for all classes this semester.  I am an office worker, but I have full work from home capability.  My company has a "if you can work from home do so" policy in place right now.  I am going into the office twice a week, just to get some supplies, print the occasional documents and do some general activities.  so far on the two days I have been in I have seen the cleaning crew and two other people.  So it seems 95% of our employees are following the guidelines.  I hope/pray/believe the USA may have gotten slightly ahead of this and we may have fewer issues than some other countries that had outbreaks earlier than we did.

• Like 3

I would hope that if one of us caught it we would tell the others and perhaps let us know how it might be avoided.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be but, I think there's probably a slight stigma attached to getting infected. Now being in the first responder business, an employee of the FD/EMS dept probably has a pretty good chance of coming in contact with the sick. Hey, who wants to go riding today?  :dontknow: 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif 

:grin:

6 minutes ago, Whip said:

If you did get it would you not want anyone to know?

In Arizona having symptoms is not enough to receive a test so for most people getting symptoms means you have to presume you have COVID-19 and act accordingly, like calling your PCP (if you have one) and hoping you get better at home.

Not sure l understand the question .... to tell or not to tell ?  People on our board , other friends ?

Is it a question of creating a situation where an individual might not want to create  a wave of unwanted or potentially  necessary sympathy ?

People roll many ways ... some just have to "share" and others are more private.

Back in December, with my wife away on a week long cruise with my daughter and her kids, I got quite ill. This was before the news on COVID-19 broke. In hindsight, 
I had all of the symptoms. I got so bad that just before my wife came home I considered going to urgent care for treatment. (for me, that means I felt like I could die). I decided to try taking some zinc, since it will trigger your immune system to work harder. Well either time or the zinc worked because within a couple of days I was much better, though I still had a persistent dry cough for another week or so. Did I have it? I don't know, but I have heard that COVID-19 was around in December, just not discovered/reported yet. Fortunately, I was self isolating due to my wife being gone and being too sick to go out, if I wanted to.