IGNORED

Ramona Days go no go

graydude

I don’t plan on letting the current health crisis ruin our riding and drinking time. If I’m gonna get it, I’d rather catch it from someone I ride with.  Having said that, the weather is the wild card.  I’ve not even had the chance to pre ride the route due to dumping rain.  I think  we will make the call by Thursday  at 12:00 noon on if the weather will cancel us.  I verified with the motel and those staying Friday need to call by 3:00 on Thursday to cancel and 3:00 on Friday for the Saturday visitors to avoid a charge.  The motel number is 760-789-6433. Of course I’m up for a pub crawl around downtown Ramona if anyone else is interested.  Those of us with weekend passes hate to lose them.

OK Todd I'll play it by day to day.  I'll know for certain by mid week. 

I really don't look forward to a 300 mile in the rain, I work outside in it.

Forecast I'm seeing says 40% chance and described it as occasional rain showers.  It's not like we haven't ridden in weather before.  I'm still IN.  We can do the pub crawl drinking Corona's to immunize ourselves.

• Like 1

Brian my Makers man. Thanks for the clarity.  I will be at the motel rain or shine Friday. Whether we ride or pub crawl, we are on as long as I have someone besides this old fart show up. 

• Like 2

The weather app on iPhone is uncannily good but not infallible. It said no rain one day for Malibu so I headed up Topanga Cyn and by the time I got to Saddle Peak it had started to sprinkle. On Piuma it was light rain and there was some runoff of fine slurry in some small radius corners that had me slipping and sliding. GAAH!  The PR4s are good but not that good. I called it day and made a beeline to the 101>405 and home with it raining the whole way. Looking back it was prolly the rise in el. that I should have been more aware of. 

• Haha 1

I plan to be there, even if I have to slab it all the way. Rain don't scare me. 

Of course of I get offered a job between now n then...

Sorry guys but I have to call me out of the event.  My daughter is 8 months pregnant and has a 14 month old.  Her immune system is compromised now due to her high risk pregnancy.   We see and suppprt her on a daily basis.  I’m not worried about my friends coming to the event but those that may have been in contact with them.  And now since Newsome has asked bars to be closed that really puts a death blow to us.  

I have the 245 mile route in .gpx for anyone that wants it.  Hope to see you guys at NMS when things hopefully get back to more normal.  

Sadly, I'm also out.  Just got notice from work that all requests for days off/vacations are canceled until May and we'll be on tactical alert by the end of the week.  Also means there's a good chance I'll have to bail on North Meets South.  Guess I didn't buy enough Kit Kat bars to get away.

And Al and I are out too. Between the California mandated closures and protests from our wives we will stay in AZ this week. I hope this event can be rescheduled and that I will be able to attend down the road. Thanks to graydude for all of the planning!

5 minutes ago, AZgman said:

And Al and I are out too. Between the California mandated closures and protests from our wives we will stay in AZ this week. I hope this event can be rescheduled and that I will be able to attend down the road. Thanks to graydude for all of the planning!

Work permitting I"m IN for a reschedule as well.

So it's official I'm postponing the Ramona ride TBD.  May might be Weaverville  but I don't see anything on the calendar for June and of course The Un is in July so keep an eye out.  As things shake out I'll let everyone know.  Don't forget to cancel your hotel.  760-7898-6433

• Thanks 1

Well that sux.

(I'd say aww crap, but I'm not sure I have enough toilet paper to risk it...)

The wife will be happy...

:5223:  Thanks for trying Todd! :5170:

Hotel Cancelled.

Hopefully this event can be rescheduled in the near future, so all the hard work and preparation that Todd has put into this can be utilized “Thanks Todd”

I am hoping things will improve in time for Weaverville and North Meets South

But in the meantime, it will be a waste not to take advantage of the one day “This Friday” were there the forecast is for no rain

Long John, GrownUp?

1 hour ago, C_Williams said:

...But in the meantime, it will be a waste not to take advantage of the one day “This Friday” were there the forecast is for no rain

Long John, GrownUp?

I think we can probably work something out... :yes: