IGNORED

R1200 Injectors in a R1150

CNred

Anyone have experience with R1200 fuel injectors installed into an R1150.

I've been told they will make the bike more responsive, provide more power, etc., etc..

My R1150rtp has never lacked for power but it might be fun to give it a go.

CNred,

I don't have a R1150RT, but i did install the EV14 injectors in a '99 r1100RT, a '99 R1100S (very similar to the 1150 engine), and a '00 K1300RS a couple of years ago..  All of these used the old style long, one hole injectors and from what I can find your OEM injectors are the newer style, four hole, #1342366 units much closer in looks and function to the EV14 injectors.  The EV14 injectors are the shorter, new style 4 hole with a faster reaction time and much finer spray than my OEM units.   I could not tell much difference in power in any of these engines.  I could tell a big difference in having clean and ballanced injectors (they ran so much smoother). 

THE BIGGEST (and the least expensive) improvement I made to any of my engines was the Night Rider AFXieD.  It got the air/fuel mix to the optimum ratio for more power, easier to use, eliminated the cold natured stalling, ran cooler AND got a little better mileage.  The EPA had the A/F mix very lean during this period ('99-'00 engines), don't know what year yours is.

If you want to experiment, I got all of my injectors, adapters, seals, and filters from Injector Rehab  https://injector-rehab.com/.  The owner, Keith Gibbons, was very helpful and knows injectors.  He is in NJ and has fast service.  All my injectors came with individual flow graphs showing fuel flow at all RPM ranges.  I saved some $ by getting the rehabbed injectors.  They looked brand new to me.  

I could not tell any difference after installing them in my 04 R1150R

But  the bike  only has 10k miles on it so their was nothing wrong with the stock injectors.

If your injectors are in poor condition you may notice a difference.

I have also installed the   Night Rider AFXieD 

I do think that it helped with drivabilitry

I installed the injectors and the AFXieD when trying to solve the surging issue 

Neither helped because I had a bad stick coil

After replacing the coils the surging is  only barely noticeable when it is cold out (below 50F)

I installed them in my '04 RT and initially I thought they made a nice improvement, but after a few years, realize it was only a placebo effect. Mileage hasn't changed. Bike still stalls occasionally.

Thanks for the information.

The bike has only 10K miles on it, really does not have any drivability issues at this point. I was just in the garage and thinking "What can I do now". I believe I'm going to leave well enough alone, thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, SAS said:

AF-Xied was the best fix on my rig also.  I did install the EV-14 injectors which made it a little smother but still had minor surge.  The AF-Xied took care of that.  I also have heard good results from removing the CCP which will take the O2 sensor out of the loop and should run better.  However I did not go that route.  I got mine to run good with the 2 items but looking back on this I should have installed the AF-Xied first.  Hinde sight is always 20/20.

Evening SAS

For future readers____

This thread is titled   "R1200 Injectors in a R1150"-- When SAS posted the above about "removing the CCP which will take the O2 sensor out of the loop" he is referring to his 1100 (Ma 2) motorcycle NOT the 1150 (Ma 2.4) motorcycle as removing the CCP on the 1150 will not deactivate the o2 sensor.