IGNORED

Remus exhaust silencer.

wilsons

ShovelStrokeEd

Are you referring to the db killer thingy?

I think it just stuffs in there and gets held in with that bolt that came with the kit that you couldn't figure out what to do with. How's that for bad sentence structure?

Shouldn't effect performance in any detectable way and will quiet things down a bit if that's your goal.

hmm no bolt that i can see theres a little nut looking thing on the inside that doesnt seem to come off, but it did go in pretty easily in the exhaust. It wouldn't dare fall out would it? heh. perhaps i can find a replacement from the depot smile.gif

but thats it? hmm

ShovelStrokeEd

Should be a matching hole somewhere in the can. Take db killer with you to get a thread match. Use a star type lockwasher and you should be good to go. That way, you can make it fall off at will.

Will doesn't much like having stuff blown out at him from the back of mufflers, but, that's what he gets for hanging out back there.

heh ok, ill fire it up at least so I can hear it, I'm rather impatient. smile.gif

I'll look at that nut lookin thing tomorrow it has a star like end but didnt look too closely at it yet. its 1am, im tired, so ill look in the morning smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Firefight911

No! Go look now. And while you are at it, start it up and rev it, A LOT!!! That way you can get your neighbors input on its noise level!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Us west coast types are still up!!

I got one, but its not in, I'm not sure how to stuff it in there. Anyone know how this works? I'd like to hear it with it in and see how it sounds, responds etc etc. Should I just shove the blasted thing in? dopeslap.gif

http://r1200st.us/mine/tn/DSC01689.JPG.html

Need more pics or info?

Thanks!

Remus systems come with a baffle which is initially riveted in place on most. The baffle, however, is actually threaded so if you decide to drill the rivet out you can reinsert and attach with a simple screw. My kit also came with a replacement rivet for permanent reattachment.

JKH

Cool, well I started it up, it didn't sound too different til you revved it up. I didnt bolt it or try to so I took it out before I left to do my runnin around. I think I'll leave it out for now. smile.gif

Cool, well I started it up, it didn't sound too different til you revved it up. I didnt bolt it or try to so I took it out before I left to do my runnin around. I think I'll leave it out for now. smile.gif

I just put mine in today for the first time. I had drilled the rivet and ran it open since it was put on a few weeks ago. It is LOUD. Gonna see how I like it out.

Keep on.

Archived