IGNORED

Forcefield Tornado Advance Top and Bottom Base Layers Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Forcefield Tornado Base Layers Review intro

The colder riding months come and go, along with our search to find the perfect kit that will keep a rider warm and toasty during an extended riding season. I have tried many combos over the years and have rarely come up with anything that works quite as well as the genius of Forcefield Body Armor.

ForcefieldTornadoBaseLayer bodyI’ve had their Tornado Advance since early fall, patiently waiting for temps to drop to properly put it to the test. On my first outing the temperature was around 30°F. To truly get a feel for how the bottoms worked I wore blue jeans, with the Tornados under them. For the top I wore a T-shirt underneath and a regular GORE-TEX non-insulated ADV jacket.

The product is truly amazing in the way it blocks the wind from chilling you to the bone. As the day went on, temps climbed above 40°F and I remained comfortable for the entire day. For off-the-bike testing I used the outfit for cold-weather camping and it kept me toasty all night long. A word of caution, be careful how much time you spend indoors wearing this base layer as it keeps the heat in so well that you’ll get warm quickly.

Tornado products are made of Wind-proof Defender fabric, which incorporates Thermolite, a breathable thermal insulation engineered with hollow-core fibers that trap air for greater insulation. It also dries 20% faster than other thermal material and 50% faster than cotton. The combination of high-tech fabrics and technology is what makes this base layer magically effective.

If you ride year-round and want a base layer that keeps the wind out and the heat in, I highly recommend checking out this product for carefree riding in the colder months.

MotoNation.com

MSRP: Top—$69 | Bottom—$59

PROS:

• Does what it says it does
  • Great price for this technology
  • Comfortable under gear

CONS:

• Gets warm when stuck indoors with gear on
GO06TlO9Y1k

View the full article