Sign in to follow this  
NapaBavarian

G310GS suspension options

NapaBavarian

I've been looking for something small to mount on the back of my sprinter and came across the g310gs,  my experience is mostly with larger bikes, 370# wet fits the bill for a hitch carrier, but I keep reading about the soft suspension even for 170# riders, are there any upgrades for stiffness?  I found a few aimed at lowering the ride height, but I prefer a solid ground connection, at a touch over 6' a low rider is not in my cards.

TEWKS

Hey N/B, I believe that bike hasn't gained much traction around here. Probably why the answers aren't flying your way. :dontknow: Inseam is not an issue, how about a WR 250 R? Not overly tall, and reasonably ok suspension out of the box.

mickeym3

Since Tewks mentioned alternatives I’d first consider the KTM 390 Adventure coming in a few months. A little more weight but far better suspension and power.  You can probably test ride a 390 Duke to get a feel for power. In any case, I’ve had a WR250 and liked it but you’ll have to add an aftermarket tank to get any kind of range.  I’d give the nod to a WR for some serious off-road riding but in other categories the KTM is going to be very hard to compete against. Have ridden  the little Duke a fair bit and it’s a hoot, hence my opinion.

P.S. I have a Sprinter RV (LTV Serenity) and see no issues with going as far as 450 pounds of tongue weight. I’ve had a full 500 pounds on the tongue pulling an open car trailer and there may have been 1/2 inch of rear sag and barely noticeable.