IGNORED

Installing a Nav II on an R1200RT

luvALX

I am picking up a Nav II from my local dealer tomorrow morning to install on the R1200RT. I hate having to run out to buy tools after I get started on something. Can someone tell me what tools are needed to do the installation properly? Also are there any tips for installation that I should know about? I have read that the installation is not very difficult, however, I haven't been able find the installation instructions on line.

Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

You're going to need some torx bits to get the bodywork off and a set of allen bits to deal with the parts on the mount. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Mine is connected to the power lead for the front accessory outlet. The Nav power harness just plugs into the existing setup; no cutting or splicing required.

OK I have it all installed except I can't seem to figure out where it plugs in on the bike. confused.gif

The diagram shows it being plugged into an outlet that is right under the ignition. There is a black square that is zip tied right there? Is that what I am looking for? Is the black thing a cap that I have to remove?

Thanks

OK I have it all installed except I can't seem to figure out where it plugs in on the bike. confused.gif

The diagram shows it being plugged into an outlet that is right under the ignition. There is a black square that is zip tied right there? Is that what I am looking for? Is the black thing a cap that I have to remove?

Thanks

Mine plugged into the accessory outlet on the left side. There should be a couple different power sources for the unit. You'll need to take the left side panel off and hook the Nav power harness into the accessory outlet harness.

I just put mine on a few weeks ago. You don't need to take any body panels off. The power supply is zip-tied to the brace under the dashboard. It is an easy install and I found the intructions to be complete, though divided up into several places. You are going to love the unit, though make sure you upgrade to version 7 for the latest maps.

Jay

Archived