IGNORED

Fall Torrey 2020

So far the Texas contingent is showing up 5 strong, could be 6 strong if I can get SWMcKinley to join up.  It's been 5 years for me since my last visit and I am dearly looking forward to introducing 2 under 40YO  new comers to the Torrey experience.  Who else is in for 2020 Fall Torrey?  I really hope to see some of the old group that made a Torrey trip so special.

My first Torrey

Fridays Gathering

• Like 1
Calvin  (no socks)

I usually get the itch  in the Spring....and just show up from Florida out for a spin. Fall is soooo far away... or is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yea but do we know our reservations will still be on record? I was advised to call this month and confirm.

Bill_Walker
On 3/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Whip said:

The last full weekend in September and the weekend before Memorial Day.

@Warren Dean

Just to be extra clear, that's the weekend before Memorial Day WEEKEND, not the Saturday/Sunday OF Memorial Day Weekend.

Bill_Walker
2 minutes ago, Whip said:

Thank you

There has been confusion about that every now and then, so I figured it was called for.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much. Also appreciate the bike input  my buddy GSJoe is out in Torrey now, on his new to him 2017 GSw - having replaced his well used GS1150.

Bill_Walker

@Indy Dave 1668 on your map is also known as Burr Trail.  It's paved from Boulder for several miles and then turns to dirt (last I was there).  There's a cool slot canyon perpendicular to the paved road at one point.

IMG_0565.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, EffBee said:

Really hoping to be there.

You'd better be there 'cause yer retired and got nothin better to do. Now get to work on yer RT and get her road ready!

Slacker.....:stir:

1 hour ago, Whip said:

Don’t forget we have changed the date it is not this weekend. 

This is the FALL thread.  The date for Fall has not been changed.

• Like 1
On 3/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, Limecreek said:

So far the Texas contingent is showing up 5 strong, could be 6 strong if I can get SWMcKinley to join up.  It's been 5 years for me since my last visit and I am dearly looking forward to introducing 2 under 40YO  new comers to the Torrey experience.  Who else is in for 2020 Fall Torrey?  I really hope to see some of the old group that made a Torrey trip so special.

My first Torrey

Fridays Gathering

Hum.  Your camera makes my butt look big.  But...in.

I'm the guy in red, with the red K1200RS.

M

szurszewski
11 hours ago, Stir said:

...about...?

Maybe your big butt, maybe posting about the date change in the Fall thread instead of the Spring thread. Either way, it's always nice to get an apology. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Maybe your big butt, maybe posting about the date change in the Fall thread instead of the Spring thread. Either way, it's always nice to get an apology. ;)

Probably my big butt.

• 3 months later...

Somewhere around 34  give or take a few depending. on when this is read .... looking forward to it !!

Will be trailering , but only because I will have a few items to use at the pistol/rifle range that can't be carried on a bike.

3 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

Somewhere around 34  give or take a few depending. on when this is read .... looking forward to it !!

Will be trailering , but only because I will have a few items to use at the pistol/rifle range that can't be carried on a bike.

Are you bringing a cannon? Fun!

7 hours ago, chrisolson said:

unnamed.jpg

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Are you bringing a cannon? Fun!

No, only a couple of rifles  :cool:  ... but still fun !!

Dennis Andress
10 hours ago, greatpav said:

Hey for how many days?

Torrey happens on the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, and on the last full weekend of September. There are no reserved rooms, no registration. Show up and find somebody to ride with. Out of habit (and tradition) the Chuckwagon is the hotel of choice. Most people leave on Sunday. Some people arrive early in the week.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:57 AM, Dennis Andress said:

Torrey happens on the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, and on the last full weekend of September. There are no reserved rooms, no registration. Show up and find somebody to ride with. Out of habit (and tradition) the Chuckwagon is the hotel of choice. Most people leave on Sunday. Some people arrive early in the week.

oh great. 

Thanks Dennis 

On 8/22/2020 at 2:58 AM, greatpav said:

Hey for how many days?

Most people show up Thu or Fri and leave Sun.  But like Dennis said, it's very loose and not organized like a rally so you can come and go when you please.  Some have done a week.  Some have done a day.  And one guy used to do an Iron Butt Burn Burner Gold or close to it and would stick around for 15 minutes to 1 hr.  Once he stayed for a meal.  Whatever floats your boat works.  But once you go, you'll get hooked.

Out the door in less than 4 weeks for Torrey trip number 2 in a year.  The sad bit, is this will be like the 5th time I've been on my bike all year. 

1 hour ago, mrduck said:

Any rooms left at the Chuckwagon? I might be able to make this one.........

We’re in! Booked the suite above the general store, some of the usual suspects are coming.......

My first Torrey weekend, does that make me a newbie?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mrduck said:

We’re in! Booked the suite above the general store, some of the usual suspects are coming.......

meat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mrduck said:

Seriously?  After all these years of BMWST events, your first Torrey is during a pandemic?

15 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

Seriously?  After all these years of BMWST events, your first Torrey is during a pandemic?

Yep, trying to back off my biz schedule and make up for missed events!

And Eddd, you’re looking good!

• Like 3

On 8/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, Bill_Walker said:

So Bill... are you out??

On 8/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, mrduck said:

All right!!  Da Duck Does Torrey.  Whos all go'n? 

I'll be there.  That's is me next to my red K1200RS.  Good bike.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, Limecreek said:

My first Torrey

Fridays Gathering