IGNORED

Graham

graham

Am just learning my way around this amazing bike that is new to me. After 50,000 kms it needs going thru to clean, and tweak everything. Just rebuilt the water/ oil pump, did the spline lube. Still have to renew front fork seals, presently attempting to remove the gas tank to run wiring thru to install heated grips. Have removed rear tank circlips but it does not lift up as per manual instructions. Is there something else holding it down on the "s" model or do I have to remove fairing on either side as well?

Appreciate any clues from other k75 owners!

Welcome to the ride.

The K75 almost was my first BMW but there was a K1200RS that actually became my first bike.  The K75 is an amazing ride.  We hope you look over some of the rides, formal and informal and join us.

MontanaMark

Graham,

Look under the tank at the posts you removed the circlips from.  You'll see that the posts sit down in a rubber grommet.  Sometimes that grommet holds the posts in quite tightly.  You may have to use a little "persuasion" (long screwdriver) to pry the rear of the tank up and out of the grommets.  Of course, don't force anything, maybe apply a little wd40 to help things along.

Cheers,

Mark