IGNORED

in my boredom I made these disc’s

MachineJoe

On 4/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, MachineJoe said:

Made a few more sets if anyone is interested.

IMG_2449.jpg

I would love a set (without the BMW badges) and the small one as well. But I am in the UK and I think the shipping would be a killer.  :classic_unsure:

Motorhead1977

They are quite light so I don't believe shipping would be very expensive, especially considering the exchange rate from GBP to USD.

If I make it over to the UK in September, I can carry them over and then post them to you, provided you cannot find cheaper means before hand.  We will be flying in to Scotland for a few days, then hire a car to travel to England with a stay in N. Wales.  Laura has relatives in the  Liverpool area.  We will fly back to the states from Manchester.  For what it is worth........

Hey MachineJoe, great looking disks. I would like 2 large ones with the BMW insignia and 2 of the smaller ones just plain. What is the price and I will need them shipped to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada? Cheers Pat

19 hours ago, TJRL said:

I would love a set (without the BMW badges) and the small one as well. But I am in the UK and I think the shipping would be a killer.  :classic_unsure:

Thanks for asking,

Message sent with info

10 hours ago, Cdnrtowner said:

Hey MachineJoe, great looking disks. I would like 2 large ones with the BMW insignia and 2 of the smaller ones just plain. What is the price and I will need them shipped to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada? Cheers Pat

Hello Pat,  please check your messages

Joe

Motorhead1977

I fitted mine using a bead of clear silicone sealant around the top edge of each plug.  Worked great and they have stayed in place.  Once again, thanks for such a minimalist dress up.  :18:  It's really only noticeable when I see a RT without them.

• Like 1
RandyShields

Joe, mounted my disks to the openings of my GS this morning.  Took less than 5 minutes.  Workmanship is top notch!  These are the finished look for the frame holes that I have been searching for for some time.  Thank you!  (You should put a reference to this thread on the GS forum.)

Randy 

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

Guys n Gals,

You know how your spouse doesn't know what to get you for Christmas (or if you don't know what to buy for yourself)?

Works on Wetheads

OK lets call this for what it really is .... a shameless bump

0.jpg

• Like 1
Colorado Jeff

I was lucky enough to update to a 2018 R12RT this month, and one of the first things my wife said I had to buy are these plugs!  They look awesome on our San Marino Blue 2015 R12RT, they'll look just as good on our Mars Red 2018! 

Thanks Joe!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Motorhead1977

Agreed!  They were just the thing to dress out my '18 Mars Red RT.  Most excellent quality too.  Recommended by Santa's and Santa's helpers everywhere I'm told. :18:

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

After a year of riding you can just barely make out some scratching on the emblem from my boot....but otherwise they are holding up very well, great job Joe

By the way MachineJoe do you still have a small disk laying around?

unnameddtyuun.jpg

• 8 months later...

So after almost 2 years of having first made the aluminum frame plugs I decided to take them off and look for any issues with them or the frame.

I'm happy to say that no moisture build up or signs of water intrusion are evident and no signs of galvanic corrosion.

IMG_3457.jpg.f473eb2edac364bf39953e348255de98.jpgIMG_3454.jpg.b0ec55a5272f04c3aade0d057e3dfd44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1