IGNORED

The New BM Bagger

TEWKS

Yeah, I think they are going a little too retro on the looks.  I'd rather the integrated the spots into the fairing.  And TS.  More like Indian does with the Challenger.  Windshield isn't movable in this mule either.

BTW, what do you think that box above the headlight does??

39 minutes ago, 92Merc said:

BTW, what do you think that box above the headlight does??

Almost looks like an integrated GoPro but doubt that. Maybe some kind of traffic avoidance system? :dontknow: A light? :dontknow:

16 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Even for a five-niner. Ok, I lie. :grin:

I'm a six fiver and it doesn't look inviting at all. Then again, maybe the cruiser crowd is shorter than the demo norm.

• Like 1

Good for BMW if they sell any of these. If I want another cruiser, I'll get another Harley. I just dont care for the looks of any of the newer bagger/cruisers. The Indians are ok but just dont have the fit and finish of a Harley.  Wish I hadn't got rid of this one. 

IMAG0017.jpg

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

If I want another cruiser, I'll get another Harley.  Wish I hadn't got rid of this one. 

Mike, it’s good to be King! :grin: 

That’s a looker for sure, and a fine riding motorcycle as long as you understand cruisers.
Now for me, if a new Harley was in my future it’d have to be an Ultra Limited. Blacked out of course! ;)

Classic Perfection right here.

2000000035.jpg

Or maybe just the single color, blacked out of course, again. :grin:

46572B4D-56AD-44C3-B4F9-ACAF51D21289.jpeg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That’s a looker for sure, and a fine riding motorcycle as long as you understand cruisers

Yes sir!  I would get questions periodically about comparisons between my Harleys and BMWs. For me there is no comparison, I can like sport touring bikes and cruisers but they are way different animals.

Ultras are nice rides and the Milwaukee 8 is a great engine. 

• Like 1
fourteenfour

Two problems right out front for me. Fixed position windshield is not acceptable from BMW so hopefully this fairing is not the final form. The bags while obviously unfinished with exposed hinges look a tad on the small side.   Did you notice that blank/screen area below the gauges, that is pretty large. Fairing has integrated speakers too. As for that square above the head lamp, perhaps forward emergency braking sensors?

I look at it this way, the only issue I had with my M8 Harley was the weight. If Harley were to finally get off their ass and put in a new tour line frame and suspension cutting the weight I would seriously consider going back. The M8 line handled very well and they do such a much better job in letting you have the bike that looks right for you and fits you well too.

Patent, Design registration, suggests that yes that wind screen is correct

This is the only bagger I'd want to ride:

Image result for 1025r bag

Maybe one day,.......just wishing,........I'll get one,.....

• Like 1
On 2/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, TEWKS said:

Mike, it’s good to be King! :grin: 

That’s a looker for sure, and a fine riding motorcycle as long as you understand cruisers.
Now for me, if a new Harley was in my future it’d have to be an Ultra Limited. Blacked out of course! ;)

Classic Perfection right here.

2000000035.jpg

Or maybe just the single color, blacked out of course, again. :grin:

46572B4D-56AD-44C3-B4F9-ACAF51D21289.jpeg

Had on of these CVO's park next to me at a Hilton Garden Inn.  It is probably the first CVO I would like to own!   God bless Harley for moving from Chrome to the "black chrome" or whatever they call that black finish.  VERY pretty! 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
RandyShields
4 hours ago, CommuterChris said:

April 3rd is the announcement date

If it is a gathering of more than 3 people, it could be cancelled and done virtually!

I heard they were expecting six. :grin: I think the finished product is going to look much better than what has been posted. :thumbsup:

It was at Daytona. Displaying it in a truck makes it pretty clear that they are after the Harley market. "Make Life A Ride In a Truck"

[IMG]

(Not my picture)

Ergos look awkward, it's a long way from seat to bars, especially with feet tucked behind cylinders forcing knees up. 

That's kind of a thing now.  I suspect that underneath the "patina" that truck runs like a scalded dog as we like to say in Tennessee. 

• Like 1
fourteenfour

thought the bike at Daytona was the last concept and not the actual two release bikes. I am sure only the stripped down model would have spokes

A couple “things” in the making here. :grin: A shop in town that makes things but they seem very slow at it because I never see a finished thing. :grin:

DD75B976-7E19-4982-9262-F27BFFA2C790.jpeg

On 3/15/2020 at 6:53 AM, lkraus said:

It was at Daytona. Displaying it in a truck makes it pretty clear that they are after the Harley market. "Make Life A Ride In a Truck"

[IMG]

(Not my picture)

Ergos look awkward, it's a long way from seat to bars, especially with feet tucked behind cylinders forcing knees up. 

Looks painful

I thought I'd seen those tail lights somewhere....but where...  Since it has those tail lights I wonder if it has a chrome lever to pull out to put it in overdrive and lower compression to near zero.  Only the old guys will know what I'm saying.

Image result for 49 ford tail lights

With the ADV top case attached, I couldn’t help but flash back to Donny & Marie.  “I’m a little bit country I’m a little bit rock ‘n roll”  :whistle:

“I’m a little bit adventure I’m a little bit cruise ‘n roll” :dontknow:

Cmon’, all my writers are working from home! :D

I'm not a cruiser guy at all so my opinion is of course going to be skewed. One thing that really strikes me about this machine is that the peg position is going to be horrible. A low-slung machine like that or a HD or whatever just begs for a forward set peg arrangement. With the engine in the way like that and one's knees bent at that angle with no options, man, that bike is going to be a chiropractor's dream come true. I think it looks kinda cool but that's it.

• Like 1

Yup, unless there’s a way to sling your legs up over the cylinders (awkward looking position :grin:) it’s gonna flop, at least for the long haul.

53 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Having had a Road King, I have to say the BMW has a long way to go to look as good as the Harley.

I suspect THAT is a prototype and the final product will be much slicker. .... we can only hope. 

3 hours ago, Red said:

So then, I read in the Wall St Urinal that BMW bought Harley Davidson at a bargain price.  

FAKE NEWS!! ;) :rofl:

I think it's a decent try, but they are about 10 years too late.  Cruiser sales are on the decline.

Personally, I'll buy a GTL if I want a full on bagger.

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

FAKE NEWS!! ;) :rofl:

It's not, he said it on the internet so it's got to be true, really, I believe him 100%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1