IGNORED

Where do I find a syringe to measure oil into final drive

NapaBavarian

I'm replacing an outer seal and replacing the oil in my 2007 r1200rt, I have everything lined up except one thing, it looks like the oil is measured in with a syringe, where does one find this?  I cant find any refrense to source.

Thanks!

Search “mechanics oil syringe”. Amazon pops up having one. I see you live in Northern Cali. Maybe try some back alley near Haight & Ashbury? :5590:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It can be measured into a Ratio Rite, baby bottle, dollar store measuring cup, then sucked up and dispensed with a 60cc syringe with catheter tip, maybe with a piece of hose on the tip if needed. 

Feed stores have them for about a buck. Or some Tractor Supply or Amazon. 

I had one of those 50 ml sized ones for brake fluid, etc, but it took quite a few times to empty out a reservoir.  A little searching and I got THIS   I have not had the chance to use it yet, but will sometime in the next few months.

Get a small condiment squeeze bottle from Harbor Freight/Tractor Supply.  Measure the stuff in a measuring cup, put it in the squeeze bottle, and use a piece of plastic tubing from the tip of the bottle to the filler opening.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Groanup said:

Look into your local beauty supply store. They have squeeze bottles with graduation marks and a very small spout. Less than $5.

^^This... They're called Color Applicator Bottles. I own 2 hair salons and those bad boys are good for many things...

• 2 weeks later...