IGNORED

COVID-19 Poll

John Ranalletta

Is COVID-19 causing you to rethink any plans or take any precautions?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so let's look at the media a second.  If one were to just read this article, one would think that Stokes county has 11 active cases,...hmmmmmm, .024% of the county are infected.

image.png.88b77ccad13f8837c8740d111c83145d.png

So, you would have to go here to see that 10 of those 11 are recovered.

image.png.c31a0e7db3f8781cab1813efa963d397.png

Now, yes, I get that they are reporting some semblance of total cases, but it's likely not even close due to the "no symptom" people that are out there.  But if we are to read the first news source, it appears that these are active cases, not "hey I caught it but now I'm all gooder" cases. 

Methinks, in my own way, much of this is misleading.  I really don't see the reasoning behind giving out the case numbers without giving out the recovered numbers to give a clearer picture.  My county has a 91% recovery rate right now, leaving .002% infected........if one were to just take the numbers presented.

The statistics are maddeningly incomplete. For instance, the Bing tracker includes recovered cases, but if the states aren't providing the data, they aren't counted:

image.png.11b578ae6add3b374c18912a6be05d94.png

StokesCounty.png.18815989e204ee3e90061c61a686cf4a.png

Even retroactive statistics, such as CDC estimated annual influenza deaths have gigantic margins of error.