IGNORED

Auxiliary lights, low mount bracket source?

migrant

Installed the Hex EzCan yesterday with HyperLites flashing brake lights. Next will be auxiliary lights for the front, mounted somewhere low (lower than under the mirrors). I've had Moto and PIAA lights in the past for conspicuity, mounted low to provide a triangle pattern that I'm shooting for now.

Where can I buy just the brackets, mounted either to the forks or engine, that will accept a light secured by a single vertical bolt? The BMW OEM bracket has a horizontal hole for the light mount, requiring another bracket specific to the BMW light. 

DSC01663.thumb.JPG.903a19fd9702eedf04fa407250cc5aa2.JPGI used the BMW OEM brackets (don't have crash bars) using Advmonster LED lights & use the outer plates of a #50 chain, drilled the holes bigger for I think 5mm bolts. Works great, people in front of me say they can see me from over 1klm away. I also have an LED Low beam.

Twisted Throttle has several mounts that you might use.  I bought their Denali Tube Mounting Kit, which I can say is very robust, and provides a great deal of adjustment to afford getting your lights aimed where you want them.  So, I mounted on my engine guards, but Twisted Throttle sells several options.

Another possibility, since you mention mounting to the forks, is this from eBay:  Motorcycle LED Headlight Spotlight 18W 2700LM DRL Fog Light w/ CREE-XHP70 Chips

I was looking for something cheap and (I expected) temporary while I researched better options.  I bought these, and mounted using the Denali brackets.  It turns out that these lights are REALLY bright, and my riding buddies were impressed.  So far, they have lasted 5000+ miles with almost no issues.  I did spend an entire day riding in torrential rain, and one of them got water inside.  It kept working.  And later it dried out.  After the season, I took it apart and resealed it, and it seems to be fine.  At this price, they come with robust mounting brackets that can clamp to a motorcycle fork.

Closeup1.jpg

Closeup2.jpg

FrontOn.jpg

Clearwater lights should sell just the bracket for Aux lights. I have low mounted Aux Lights on my 2010, they are Clearwater lights, but I am sure other lights with 1 or 2 bolts would work. I know they will sell the brackets separate from the lights as I switched bikes and I was able to get just the brackets for the new bike. You may have to email for a price and to buy.

Photo shows Clearwater fork mounts.

IMG_7949.jpg