IGNORED

New Touratech Evo X Panniers

RandyShields

Well, whatever contract limitation that Touratech was under with BMW must have just expired, because last month they launched their new Evo X panniers, which provide for a cut-out on the right side bag to go around the GS exhaust can.  Previously, if you wanted a cut-out pannier, you needed to buy the BMW bags.  These look good is silver or black.  They cost $2000 all in (less tax), which includes the rack and exhaust extension (stock exhaust only), and keys.  That is only $200 more than the non cut-out model, or about $1000 less than the full BMW rig.

Just ordered a set to replace my Vario bags, but not sure of delivery since they are already out of stock!!?? 

https://touratech-usa.com/store/Zega-EVO-X-Pannier-System-BMW-R1250GS-ADV-&-R1200GS-ADV-2013-on

Thanks.  Very nice.  I like the 38L/33L option, which is a bit in between the small and mid-size Bumot's.  And just going for the panniers; will keep the Vario top box.

• Like 1

It really depends on how you ride and how you use your cases.   If you take your cases off and into the hotel room or to the camp site then the features of the Evo bags makes sense as they pop on and off just like the BMW Adv cases ... in fact if you look close the "new" locks look like the BMW locks.  The cut out is nice but for $500 more than Zega Pros I would not get the benefit from them.   We saw them in person at the Motorcycle Show I believe in Cleveland last month.  Very nice .. .just not a benefit for me since I ride on the street,  never camp and don't remove the bags from the bike unless I am cleaning the bike. 

Sorry for the slight tangent on the topic, but it may be related - does the GS offer a central locking option for the cases?  Asking for a friend.

You can buy Bumots that fit on the factory racks, which is the direction I’m going. Had Bumots on my Africa Twin and since then I’ll always forego the Touratech/BMW price gouging. 

11 hours ago, mickeym3 said:

You can buy Bumots that fit on the factory racks, which is the direction I’m going. Had Bumots on my Africa Twin and since then I’ll always forego the Touratech/BMW price gouging. 

Yes ... if you have the BMW Adventure racks that is a way to go.  But if you don't have the racks (on standard GS) then the pricing for the Bumots is with racks is comparable to the Zega Pros with racks.   And again here it's once again a personal preference of whether you prefer the look & shape of the Bumots or the Zega Pros. 

• 2 months later...
RandyShields

Zega Evo X panniers purchased and mounted.  Will send photos and provide a review soon. Rack mounting pretty easy, except for one challenge. 

• Like 1