IGNORED

Will 2020 be the end of Marquez's domination of MotoGP?

chrisolson

He was 7th in the Valencia test, 1st in Jerz, 12th in Sepang and so far 14th in Qatar.

Who's been 1 or 2 except for Jerez ? ....  Quartarro.

And look who's sneaking in at #6 in Qatar ... Zarco

The rest of the normal suspects - Rossi, Vinales, Rins, Dovizioso, Crutchlow, Miller and a few newer faces like Morbidelli, Bagnaia and Mir have all been within about 1 second of the top.

Marquez may still be a top rider,  but looks like the rest of the manufacturers are putting up a serious challenge to Honda's past superiority.

Its going to be an interesting season !!!

15 minutes ago, Chris K said:

I think that may depend on how long it takes Marquez"s shoulder to fully heal. 

Yes, that certainly is a factor ... he's said he's surprised that it is as bad as it is and that he's had to adapt his riding style to use more of his legs than shoulder to change directions.

2 hours ago, Whip said:

He will figure it.

No doubt ..  apparently the 2020 spec bike had issues ... so much so they appropriated Takaaki's bike for Markez to ride and  did at least partially figure out what was causing the issues on the last test day.   Should be a barn burner season ... can't wait !!

I watched the final today.  Even though he had to ride Tak bike, I wouldn't count him out.  Yamaha seems to have up their game winning all places, but Rossi still down a good bit around 9-10.  Duc is faster yet so could be Dovi's year...I think they are all BS'ing at the moment so kind of hard to predict.  Can't wait for it to start.  Anybody going to Austin holler and we catch a beer together.