IGNORED

Another one gone .... MCN is no more!

RTinNC

Not a total surprise but just got a letter in the mail telling me that Motorcycle Consumer News is no more!   Fortunately my subscription was year by year so not a big loss for me.  They did provide a "process" for making a claim if you preferred.   It really was a great publication at one time but slipped a bit in recent years.   I guess is it just another sign of the shrinking motorcycle business and also, folks not wanting to pay more for an ad free publication. 

I actually cancelled my subscription in May of 2019 shortly after my renewal because Dave Searle who wrote for them went on a spree of boneheaded articles against renewable energy and electric vehicles. He trotted out nearly ever disproved statistic he could find and even stooped so low to showing African children playing in the mud claiming they were being forced to mine cobalt.  Trying to give them information to refute it was useless. So sorry, while they used to be good and I will hold onto my back issues I don't miss them simply over that series.

I had 4 mo to go on my subscription and had sent them a check for another two years recently.  Luckily it was after the placed closed the doors and my check will not be cashed.  I will really miss the medical motorcycling and related medical info.  It has been really useful for me, my wife, and a few of my friends.  I will miss the publication a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I too will miss MCN. Downtime Files and Glynn Kerr’s articles were my go to favorites. I had a little over a year paid for that I’ll eat. I pulled out the back issue with the road test they did in ‘14 on the RT as part of my research on the ‘18 I bought a week ago.

I don’t get why they just didn’t increase prices, I suppose more people would give it up and just be a death spiral. Bummer.