IGNORED

Shock rebuild and front shock recommendations

Trobinson

Howdy all,

I'm looking to do some suspension work on the old RT and am looking for recommendations.  It's a '96 R1100RT with 180K miles on her.  First I'm in need of a front shock.  I'm pretty sure it still has the stock unit and I'm feelin' the bumps that it should just glide over.  I've seen Wilbers and TFX on Ted's site that are in the price range I'm looking for, but don't know their reputations.  Second, I'm looking to get the rear Ohlins serviced and want input on good rebuilders (other than Ohlins USA).  Thanks in advance for your input.

Tom

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Ted is definitely the guy to talk to. For me, I decided on Yacugar's for my 1150RT. They've been great for the last five years.

Agree with this recommendation. I went with the Wilbers for my R1100S. Great people, especially Ted.

Call Ted and ask him what he recommends.  He will ask you a bunch of questions, your riding style, loads, the roads you ride, etc.

I've purchased two sets of Wilbur shocks from Ted, for a '99 R1100S and a '00 K1200RS, and have never regretted either purchase.  Far from it, after riding both bikes for three and two years respectively, l consider both purchases to be very good investments in my riding safety as well as my riding comfort and fun.  I am very happy with both purchases. 

Thanks for the replies.  I've worked with Ted before on a final drive bushing upgrade to the original needle bearing setup.  He is great to work with.  Looks like Wilbers is in my future.

What about Ohlins rebuilders?  I believe there's one at Sears Point?  Any recommendations?

"What about Ohlins rebuilders?  I believe there's one at Sears Point?  Any recommendations?"

Trobinson,

Ted does Ohlins, too.  You might get a sweet deal by combining. ??

16 hours ago, Lowndes said:

"What about Ohlins rebuilders?  I believe there's one at Sears Point?  Any recommendations?"

Trobinson,

Ted does Ohlins, too.  You might get a sweet deal by combining. ??

Since he doesn't list Ohlins I hadn't considered him for the rebuild.  Good idea, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
James in OK

I'm sorry to reply so late to this post.  I see you are in San Antonio.  OnRoad OffRoad Cycle in Austin rebuilt both my Ohlins and did a fine job quickly and for a reasonable price.  My bike is a 2000 R1100RS.

http://www.ororcycle.com/