IGNORED

Front Peg Lowering Kit

lightman45

I am a 74 year old rider, 5' 11" and new to this forum. I have always ridden Harley's, been riding for well over 50 years, but just recently bought a 2008 K1200GT to give it a try. My first ride I found that my knees were bent too much and caused considerable pain, right knee has been replaced. I currently have a Harley RoadKing, and this BMW is a completely different riding position. The pressure leaning forward put pressure on my wrists causing some pain, so I ordered a handlebar riser, hasn't arrived yet. I also want to put a peg lowering kit on bike also, not worried about dragging pegs. I talked to Suburban Machinery and they no longer offer the front peg lowering kit for the GT. I found the Verholen lowering kit and it is very expensive at $250 for two little brackets. I was wondering if anyone might know of another kit that would be less expensive, or if by chance someone might have, or know of, a used kit that they took off their bike that they would sell. Any and all information would be appreciated. I read all the cons about the peg lowering kits but I have got to lower my feet (straighten my legs some), and hopefully move my feet forward slightly, in order to be able to ride this bike. My GT looks like new, bought from an older gentleman (not as old as me), was meticulously maintained by dealer, and only 20,000 miles, everything works as it should, and paid $4500. All the help you could offer would be greatly appreciated by this old rider. Thanks, Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Lightman45,

You might contact Beemer Boneyard to see if they have anything.  They have new and used parts, and if they don't have the item right now, you can submit a request and they will notify you if anything comes in.  Check ebay regularly, plus some of the European sources.  Look for the same model bikes for sale to see if they have lowering kits you could talk them into selling separately.  Google is a big help, too.

Good luck, keep us informed!!