IGNORED

Any Experience with Conti Force Sport Touring Radials?

murrayg

I've averaged between 4-5k miles on my tires and I'm looking to try and get 7-8k miles. I've tried Dunlops, Metzlers, Avons, Michelins, and Pirellis. The parts manager @ my BMW dealer showed me the Contis. They don't have any riders with many miles on them, so I'm turning to this great all knowing DB. tongue.gif TIA

I'm on my third pair and really like them. Had them in rain,slush and no problems what so ever. Last rear tire I had 16,000 miles on it. It really was worn out. I like the way they turn into a corner, pretty quite on the super slab and no problems in heavy braking.

I am completely astounded when I read about someone getting 16,000 miles on a motorcycle tire. I have NEVER gotten more than 6,000 miles out of any tire on any bike and thats in 30+ years of riding on 23 different bikes from 6 different manufacturers. HOW DO YOU DO IT?? I admit I ride very aggressively but I am anal about checking tire pressure and suspension set-up. Tomorrow I will replace the Avon Azaros on my 1200RT, I got 4,000 miles out of them. The best I've done on this RT is 6,000 miles from the original equipment Michelin Pilot Roads. I think that was only because the bike was new and I didn't ride it hard at first. I got 5,00 miles from a set of Z6's before the Azaros. Tomorrow I am putting on a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas, I haven't talked with anyone who has used them but I sure would be happy to squeak 7 or 8 thousand out of them. Maybe I just need to slow down. But I still am just amazed that someone could get 16,000 miles out of a set of motorcycle tires - WOW !

Please post a review of the Conti Force tires if you decide to go with them and I'll post a report on the diablos after I have 5,000 miles or so on them (about 3 months)

tom collins

kannon: where i typically get about 6k out of the other name-brand tires, I got about 5k from the conti's. liked them well and the lower price offset that somewhat, but I prefer to get at least 6 because it corrosponds to the service interval.

tom collins

I used to get anywhere from 11 to 13+ thousand out of my Metzlers (Z4's) on the RT, and am waiting to see what I'll get out of the OEM's on the LT (Bridgestone 020's).

I do have an aquaintance who regularly gets in excess of 20,000 out of whatever he uses on his Goldwing. I've been on 2 rides with him (a first, and a last ride) and now know why he gets such high mileage. He never once exceeded 55 mph.....never changed lanes....never, ever passed anybody....never leaned over into ANY corner!!! Drove me absolutely nuts......I ended up passing him and finished the ride by myself....Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddd! He's the nicest guy in the world.....but I'll never, ever go anywhere with him again.

Pat

I ride most of the times at a "Spirited Pace", and have never gotten less then 10,000 miles on any tire that I've had on back, including the Bridgestones that came with the bike and the Dunlop 220's. The Conti that I had on took me cross country 5,800 miles in 9 1/2 days and lasted the remainde of the ridding season. I keep track on air pressure, change lanes, like the twisties, and regularly see 80 m.p.h. plus on my morning commute. And ride 2 up about 60% of the time.

Big Arn,

I would leap for joy to get 8K from my tires. I don't want to ride like the guy who only goes 55 mph, an I know one persons spirited fashion is another persons smell the roses riding, but 4-5K on tires is taxing the old bank account. How frequently do you check your tire pressure, and what pressures do you run? TIA smile.gif

Big Arn,

I would leap for joy to get 8K from my tires. I don't want to ride like the guy who only goes 55 mph, an I know one persons spirited fashion is another persons smell the roses riding, but 4-5K on tires is taxing the old bank account. How frequently do you check your tire pressure, and what pressures do you run? TIA smile.gif

About once a week, 36 front 40 back solo, 38 front 42 back with passenger.

Try some Bridgestone BT 020's. I have an 04 RT and I got 8200 miles out of the original set(had 2300 miles on it when I bought it). I now have an 05 RT with BT020's on it and I have 9200 miles on that set and I bought that bike with 4400 miles on it. My riding style is fairly aggressive so I am anxious to see what type of mileage I get out of them. I run 38 in the front and 42 in the rear.

I have had two sets of Conti Force, before changing to Avon Azaro's. I was very pleased with them, especially as they were inexpensive, & I got 5,000 out of the rear.

Here in the UK the importer is also selling the new Road Attacks, & I have a set ordered for Tuesday next. I will be interested to see if they live up to what can only be called rave reviews in the UK motorcycle press. They are also now the OE fitting on the 1200RT.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I just put a set of the Continental Attack tires on my RT. They are a dream to ride. The turn in is easy and they remain neutral at all lean angles I've taken them to, so far. I like them better then the Pilot Roads and if they last longer than the Z6 rear (6k), I'll be satisfied.

John Bentall

Just replaced my Z6 at 8700 miles - mostly one up and without too much slab riding. They had plenty of tread left on them to last to 11,000+ miles - but they were really squared off!

Dan Gleebitz

Beware of blistering ... Continental replace both my tyres when this happened ... I now use Metzelers a IMHO that are much more precise tyre ....

677274-DSCF0423.JPG.f89e7dfa2de4697682f25dafbfd576a8.JPG

hANNAbONE

mURRAYg..you ol' goat -- how be you, sonny??

Avon Azaro's 45/46...keep 40 in the front and 42 in the rear...

I got 10500+ out of the front (needed to change only cause I was heading to the west that summer...and 8000+ on the rear..yup, the friggen rear.!!

I'm sold..but ya gotta keep the pressures up, dawg.!! 40 + 42... YMMV

Hope you are well - Gunny in your life this June?? hope so.!! We're campin' at the KOA.!!

Come join us - it'll be good to see you again.

Maybe John Hendrickson will buy lunch again..!! grin.gif(yeah right.. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif)

John Dickens

I used them and found them fine. I was quite happy to buy a second set BUT the front tyre started to de-laminate causing air bubbles between the tread and carcass. The fault was known to the importers (a bad batch)and they replaced the tyre FOC but I haven't used them since.

I got 7000 miles from the first set.

Paul Mihalka

Comparing tire mileage from rider to rider is meaningless. Riding style, type of road surface in your riding area, pressure used, all make for different numbers. Starting in '99 on my R1100RT, I used Dunlop 205, Dunlop police special, Bridgestone BT54, Metzeler MEZ4, Michelin Pilot Road, and now I stick with Metzeler ME880 - even so now I have a Pirelli Strada up front because it was almost free. Taking as a base line the first four I mentioned (all about the same) the Pilot Roads gave me about 20% more mileage, and the Metzeler ME880 give me 50% to 80% more mileage. And before you ask, I don't have a problem with them in the rain, stick more than enough for me, and handling feel is very nice up to the point they are worn out, which is rare.

Thanks for the replys. I lost the thread and could not find it. Boy this places is getting confusing for my little brain. I have the Contis on and put on 150 miles and so far we are having fun. Thanks for the photo of the blistered tire, I'll keep a look out for that.

HaNNaBoNE, It doesn't look like Gunny is in the plans for me, but you know plans do change. When you coming down to God's Country so we can do some squiggly roads and tell tall tales?

BTW, that invitation stands for anybody who whats to play on great MC roads. 150 miles on my new tires and counting. I'll give a wrap up report when these are toast hopefull 8k later.

Archived