IGNORED

Module Master 2004 R1150RT iABS

Keith S

After 5 years the module has finally arrived!!!

I didn't want to rip out the module so I decided to just wait it out. The folks at Module Master are awesome, it just took longer then expected to get all the parts and test them.  For those of you that live in Canada the landed cost was around $1200.00 CDN including freight (both ways insured) and duty. I have no idea what the current wait time is but a quick email to Tyler at Module Master (email on their website) should get your answer. 

Keith

iABS-1.jpg

iABS-2.jpg

• Like 1

It certainly does - glad they got it to you. Cheaper than a replacement from BMW, though still spendy. Hopefully it works perfectly and lasts a long, long time :)

Finally! Some people would have been waiting 19 years on the promise of a reworked unit.  As you say szurszewski, very spendy and hopefully will last a long time. For me, the Servoectomy was (and is) a much better option. 

Yes it was a tad expensive but I had already replaced the final drive so it wasn't too much of a stretch to go further and get the bike back on the road. I just really like the looks of this year of the R1150RT and its completely kitted out the way I want it. The last trip I did was to the arctic circle and I'm not too sure what will be next. oh btw the module comes with a 5 years warranty :dance:

Yep it does look brand new doesn't it 

Keith

• Like 1

What was the turn around time? The website still says that the rebuild is under development and to not to send any modules in. Was yours a test mule for them?

31 minutes ago, 041100S said:

What was the turn around time? The website still says that the rebuild is under development and to not to send any modules in. Was yours a test mule for them?

What they did a while back was contact everybody that inquired and asked us if we still wanted our module repaired and if we did they then put us on a waiting list. They contacted us when our turn came up and asked to send in the unit. They have very detailed instructions on how to get your unit ready for shipping and warn you to package correctly as to not have any shipping damage. 

Here is the link for the repair request form which is what I filled out to eventually get on the waiting list.

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/repair-request/

FYI....... My 5 year wait included the time required for them to have the replacement parts made and tested not the actual wait time on the list.

Keith