IGNORED

Winter ride in Umbria

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

After loading the battery once again (yeah, that's how much I ride) I started the GS in my brand spanking new garage to go out for a little ride through the his of our new home country.

One of the reasons we moved here initially, was the fact there is more riding weather than in The Netherlands up north. Well, sort of.
I used to be an all-weather, any time BMW rider, but have settled down to being a comfort rider now..... so 60 F was a great temp to go riding.... 

Nothing special really, just showing you our surrounding hills, mostly covered with olive orchards and vineyards, with a little grain here and there.

The old town in the last pictures is Gualdo Cattaneo, the county 'capital'..... Up in that fortified town you'll find the post office, two bars, town hall and all the bureaucrats, and the local police and carabinieri (sort of the State Troopers here in Italy).

When coming home, Bruno, our little 2 year old dog, came running to bark at the noisy thing on two wheels........

20200203_163333.jpg

20200203_163353.jpg

20200203_164524.jpg

20200203_164528.jpg

20200203_164533.jpg

20200203_164556.jpg

20200203_165236.jpg

20200203_171145.jpg

20200203_171152.jpg

• Like 6

Nice!  

We have hired a motorbike in Rome for a treffen in Fano.  We will be making a stop-over in Assisi for the night and then make our way to the coast.  Perhaps, along the way we can meet up and have a cuppa.  I believe we depart Roma on Wednesday 27 May (when we collect the moto) then head to Assisi; Thursday or Friday we head to Fano.  I will keep you posted, if  you are interested.  

Ciao!

Francois_Dumas
6 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Nice!  

Perhaps, along the way we can meet up and have a cuppa.  I will keep you posted, if  you are interested.  

Ciao!

That would be nice! We live only 40 minutes riding from Assisi. If we are home those days we most certainly should meet. Keep me posted indeed 😊👍

François 

• Like 1