IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

lawnchairboy
On 5/31/2021 at 12:55 PM, Rinkydink said:

I have no words...it’s come to this. 

EC2C9A25-7DDB-4233-8FEB-981106995301.jpeg

I mean, unless you’re into that kinda’ thing.

1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

A cup, maybe, but shin guards?

Well sure, you never know when a hockey game might break out!

With that overloaded tire he might give a whole new definition to “road rash”. Nice to see they’re adherents to helmet laws though. 

On 6/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, John Ranalletta said:

image.png.bb6f3cb1a4d5bd362d1a6657329d33c7.png

Hate to show my age this way but....I remember the first car air conditioner was a torpedo-like cannister affixed to a door/window.  Can't remember if ice was put in it, but the speed of the car turned a little fan to blow cooler air into the cabin.  (at least that's how I remember it).

John Ranalletta
2 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Hate to show my age this way but....I remember the first car air conditioner was a torpedo-like cannister affixed to a door/window.  Can't remember if ice was put in it, but the speed of the car turned a little fan to blow cooler air into the cabin.  (at least that's how I remember it).

image.png

• Thanks 1

A classic old steakhouse in the area here still advertises "Air Conditioning" in the restaurant, a great throwback to times past.

• Like 1

ahhhhh, the days of no air conditioning (but an attic fan); all windows/doors open to allow any breeze to flow; screen doors with gaps large enough to stick your pinky finger thru; and fly swatters in every room...I don't miss that!  :cool:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

FB60C65D-E2ED-4915-AEE1-08E036A67615.jpeg

ya so i didnt read the whole lable of two cans of lemon pepper tuna,.....well, they won’t no tuna in them cans......that stuff should have its own section so it can easily be avoided. 

• 2 weeks later...

THE DREAM THAT MANY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND:
I bought a BIKE for a personal dream.
One day when I am very old and when I can not walk anymore, it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories.
I met people who taught me something and have the same spirit and I met others that I'm glad I forgot.
I got wet,
I felt cold,
And I felt warm,
I was afraid,
I fell,
And I stand up,
I even hurt myself,
But also, I laughed out loud inside the helmet.
I spoke a thousand times with myself.
I sang and shouted with joy like a madman,
And yes ... sometimes I cried.
I have seen wonderful places and lived unforgettable experiences.
I often made curves that even Marc Marquez would be proud of; other times I made curves full of terror.
I stopped a thousand times to see a landscape.
I spoke with perfect strangers, and I forgot people I see every day.
I went out with my demons inside and returned home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.
I always thought how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even feeling fear.
Every time I go up to my machine I think about how wonderful it is.
I stopped talking to those who do not understand, (they just do not understand) and I learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
I spent money that I did not have, giving up many things, but all these things are not worth even a moment about my BIKE
It is not a means of transport or a piece of iron with wheels, it is the lost part of my soul and my spirit.
And when someone says to me: "You have to sell the BIKE and you have to be a more serious person", ... I do not answer. I just swing my head and smile,
Walking on, a BIKE..... only the person who loves them understands it.
May the Gods bless my friends and their toy of great people!
And the adventure continues…..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

F45CE327-66DF-4473-90B9-B22D5C594845.jpeg

Perfect for MGB's.  One of the MGBs that I purchased had "wire nuts" on much of the wiring,.....hmmm, signs of issues?!?!?!

• Like 2

Neighbor had an oak tree cut down in their front yard and got this done. 

F0EF4355-6560-411D-A6A0-893BD5306E79.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:22 AM, Rougarou said:

ya so i didnt read the whole lable of two cans of lemon pepper tuna,.....well, they won’t no tuna in them cans......that stuff should have its own section so it can easily be avoided. 

That's a metaphor for a LOT of things in our world today.........

• Like 1