IGNORED

Weaverville 2020

stubble!

Weaverville 2020

May 22-25 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Call Patty at the Red Hill Motel for reservations: (530) 623-4331

Edited by eddd
Updated Info

So I guess we need approval on dates? Inquiring minds and all...

Later is hotter. But it really doesn’t matter. I’ll be there. Anyone know who the ringleader is now?

MB>

Ok I see Spring Torrey is 15-17. Memorial day is the following weekend so might impact some people’s availability, but is appealing to me for work release reasons. Sounds like others here could make that work. I will call Patty to see what her bookings look like.

Ok Patty is all clear on memorial day weekend. I told her we were in and she was excited. I will update the top post here with reservation info. 

dana and I will stay fri-mon, so we can get two full days of riding in. 

woot!!!!

Can a mod please update the top post to this:

Weaverville 2020

May 22-25 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Call Patty at the Red Hill Motel for reservations: (530) 623-4331

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Twisties said:

I don't know...  our bikes might be in Torrey...  :19:

I was wondering what you two would be up to around that time, now that you’re nomads. Well I hope we can see you.

3 minutes ago, stubble! said:

I was wondering what you two would be up to around that time, now that you’re nomads. Well I hope we can see you.

There's a good chance we'll make North Meets South.  Not committing right yet,  but it's very much on the radar.

Thanks for setting this up, Sebastian! 

Looks enticing. 

My best man Tank will be there (10 year anniversary this year!). 

Haven't seen BendBill since a chance encounter at Heceta Head Lighthouse 14 years ago. 

Couldn't make it last year due to two snowfalls in the Rockies the week preceeding making motorcycle travel dicey. 

Will keep it on my radar.

Mike C

• Like 2
On 2/29/2020 at 8:49 AM, MikeRC said:

Haven't seen BendBill since a chance encounter at Heceta Head Lighthouse 14 years ago. 

That's how I met Bend Bill - chance encounter in Austin NV on the way to torrey.

Hope to see you Mike.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

as of now there is still a Stay at Home order from the state and Trinity County is following. On the 24th the county announced they were hoping to begin loosening restrictions pending further communications from sacramento at end of month, and that they will announce those plans, if any, on May 5th. So I think we should wait till then and then call it, assuming there no change in current restrictions. There are no covid cases in Trinity County and I expect they’d like to keep it that way.

I can call Patty and check in on cancellations.

• Like 2

I still want to go, though it may still be iffy on Weaverville's part.  I tuned into the Trinity Co. Board of Supvs' meeting of 5 May.  https://www.trinitycounty.org/COVID-19 

At 2:20-2:50 an official announced they would begin re-opening in "mid May".   At 59:40, one speaker noted CA had not lifted ban on "non-essential travel"     Is that us?

Anyway, I ran out of time to listen to the final 80+ minutes for any other nuggets.

It is "us" but I think the statewide order will be amended by then (fingers crossed) and more local jurisdictions will be allowed to make the call. That being said it would still be good to check the relevant county orders in place if/when you travel. Our county order expired last week and that seems to be happening in many of the northern parts of the state.

So here's the situation:

1. Today a bunch of business types were opened for Trininty County (link). Hotels are open with "travel restrictions"

2. Stay at home order is still in effect, and clearly applies to "US" miscreants.

3. BendBill called and talked to Patty today (THANKS BILL), and she's expecting us and hoping we'll show up. He wrote me "She also noted that the big Holiday Market is open, as well as several restaurants for take out.  She also added that folks are out and about walking the sidewalks, etc."

What to do? I do sure want to be respectful of the community there.

Sebastian, it looks like Trinity County  is moving towards stage II openings, as of today, May 8.  I'm unsure of what is meant by "travel restrictions," unless it means types like us.  For now, I'm staying hopeful there's more of an opening in 7-10 days [ or about 5 days before May 22 ]

So by May 18, I'll be planning on packing and hoping to see old and new faces.  Trinity County has had 0 positive cases.  On the one hand, the community may want to extend caution; on the other hand they've had 0 cases.

If it doesn't work out, spring Torrey is a nice fallback ride

Dave, If patty will put me up , I am there. One way or another. This ride is "For Essential" Mental Health

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really need to get out of the house so I'm still hoping we can make this work. If limited restaurants are a concern, maybe we need to consider bringing a grill and cooking for ourselves? Gotta get creative sometimes........

5 hours ago, RT Russ said:

I really need to get out of the house so I'm still hoping we can make this work. If limited restaurants are a concern, maybe we need to consider bringing a grill and cooking for ourselves? Gotta get creative sometimes........

I just spoke with Patty and she said there is a grill at the motel and the local grocery store is open. Apparently take out food options are pretty limited so I am planning to bring some grub just in case I can't find anything locally to buy. Probably be wise to have some charcoal just in case....I didn't ask if it was a propane grill.

Well it appears that all of the counties surrounding Trinity (Weaverville) have relaxed their status and have opened up somewhat. Trinity has not joined yet. Even if Trinity "opens" in the next day or two, there is still the "no non essential travel" order in effect. I personally feel that riding and seeing good friends would benefit my psyche greatly. 

What to do, what to do? See you there? 

Russ

I still really hope to go and have kept my reservation active. I'll wait until the 20th for a final decision. 

ROOM AVAILABLE: I just canceled my reservation with Patty. Family coming for Memorial Day weekend. (Good news/bad news.) I had a room with a kitchenette if anybody is interested. Sorry I'll miss all your pretty faces and the great riding! Happy trails.

Bill, are you and Gary still IN? I am still planning to be there.......the wife says I really NEED to go :-) 

Gary and Bill will be arriving on Friday.... Gary is planning on Hanson's for new battery. So look for us coming in to Weaverville on the 3 

Coming with three other riders on Friday, taking the long way but leaving early to avoid the evening critter dodge. Heading for home Monday....

Sweet! I'll arrive sometime Friday myself. Haven't decided if I'll head out on Sunday afternoon or Monday AM. Trinity County was added to the "extended stage 2" status today. Looking forward to riding with old friends :-)

I look forward to seeing you all upon arriving Sat.  Distancing around the outside table will be decent protection from the virus or from riders of questionable hygiene J

• Like 2