IGNORED

My GT is here

chrisolson

Well, almost

Just got a call from my dealer... they received the invoice for their first machine and it will hit in 2 -3 days. Its my color with all the options except for the alarm. I said "Works for me, its mine" thumbsup.gif

... about time!!

What color is it?
Crystal Gray.

The one concession the dealer wanted back when I put a deposit down to get the first one in was that they could put it on display for a week - so even though its mine, others will most likely have ride reports out before me. bncry.gif

But, from the early reports, the supply is limited so I'm still stoked that at least I have one. Also, it will give me and the painter a bit of time to study some options based on a live model... wink.gif

Uh, no its not available for demo confused.gifblush.gif Display only.

Since every one they've got coming in is spoken for (at least at my dealer) and this is the first, I understand their position. I think it will be hard to find one available for demo rides outside of expo's until late this year.

Maybe they'll let you ride it and then they can put it on display.....and then you can come in the next day and ride it and then they can put it back on display.....and then the next day....etc...etc....

And you can give us a ride report........

Whip

BTW...I'm and idea man....a problem solver.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Uh, no its not available for demo confused.gifblush.gif Display only.

Since every one they've got coming in is spoken for (at least at my dealer) and this is the first, I understand their position. I think it will be hard to find one available for demo rides outside of expo's until late this year.

When you mentioned that they may have ride stories before you, I became concerned.........glad its' display only!!

Thanks Whip----

...marvelous post-7,000 RPM hurricane howl ... given the plant a baritone wail and electric turbine delivery
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

"...an ideal package for long trips and pleasant journeys." Right, “pleasant” really doesn’t sum up ripping a hole in the atmosphere with whiplash acceleration while playing with the ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment), gliding the windscreen up and down, and deciding which setting you really want for the heated seat or grips. <edit: or fiddling with the sat radio or GPS or Valentine1 or .... cool.gif /edit>

Maybe Tueday the crate will arrive - pics to follow

Chris

I want pix of the baritone wailing electric turbine made for long trips and pleasant jouneys that can rip a hole in the atmosphere while you "play" with it..... eek.gif

Whip

tHERE'S oNE side o' me that wants all your dreams to come true...the whole deal - everything you think this sled can do -- WILL do..!! thumbsup.gif

The other side o' me doesn't want your dream to come true -- being the do all sled that is Twenty-One LARGE without any obvious extra farkles...

O Lord, Help me NOW..!!

Can Mr 'bONE R E A L L Y afford this one?? dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Congrat's on a truly hip scoot..!! clap.gifwink.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Sweeeeet!

Your about to find out why I like my Blackbird so much. They even have very similar lines. Would that Honda upgrade the thing to include a great front suspension and integrated luggage. They could even get $12K for the thing and I wouldn't mind.

What color is it?
Crystal Gray.

...... Also, it will give me and the painter a bit of time to study some options based on a live model... wink.gif

Chris,

What type of paint changes are you considering? Major or perhaps black pin stripes, etc.?

Ed - and to think I only had to put out 10K more to keep up with you grin.gif

Bob - Pin stripes, no. Total repaint, no. More like graphic/stripe accents matching/complimenting the gray color on the tank. Its been hard to visualize from the pictures because of the odd character line in the side panel.

I'd like to design something that possibly the factory might have done, but of course, the factory hasn't made a lot of examples - and before someone posts a picture - no, no, not the K1 tongue.gif

The new k1200S and the older k1200RS and the R1100S are about the only things that come to mind but that's why I've been waiting to see the GT in person to see what might be adaptable or not. In the end, maybe it'll just stay the way it is.

I'm open to suggestions ...

ShovelStrokeEd

Chris,

I only have about 8K total in my 'bird.

Don't let that bother you though, that bike, I'm pretty sure, will be quite a bit more machine than the Honda. Certainly that front suspension is a couple of miles ahead of the fork on mine, engines should be about par and I might have a little edge in weight/acceleration but I doubt very much. No way I can come close on the luggage and overall integration of the bike. Givi's are just fugly on the 'bird. That thing is just awesome. With 8 more lb/ft of torque at peak it should be wonderful through the gears.

Looks like it will be a real world GT. Fast, comfy, road burner. Did I mention fast? grin.gif

BMW has certainly raised the bar in the GT class. Only thing, IMHO, to really match this would be if Kawasaki came out with a GT package for the ZX-14. I'm bucks down big time right now or I'd be all over that bike. 22K is probably a bargain as this bike is gonna lead the way for a good many years to come.

Congratulations again, waiting with baited breath and just a touch of jealousy for the ride report.

Only thing, IMHO, to really match this would be if Kawasaki came out with a GT package for the ZX-14.
Which, as you probably know, is forthcoming if industry rumors are true. At perhaps barely over 1/2 the cost of the K-GT things could get interesting...

But still, Ed's not the only slightly jealous guy waiting for the ride report... wink.gif

hANNAbONE

gREAT mINDS...

I sat on the mighty ZX-14 at the Mini-Apple-Lust bike show..made my naughty parts tingle..and was thinking the very same things you state here, SSEd....

Might be the ticket for a lighter, more "robust" KRS-type sled. I'm thinkin' that hot ZX could be the real deal with the right carrying capacity and ergo's (helibars, if needed)... uhmmmmm, let me see, where did I lay that checkbook again... thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Isn't the 6" sport wheel/190 tire an option? Much better looking IMO.

Glad there're many years left on my KRS; buying a new BMW model would make me real nervous. If a dealer doesn't pop up closer than the current 300 miles, no new BMW is in my future. Good luck with it.

Archived