IGNORED

Fuse and Relay Box identification

Mark James

Does someone have a picture that identifies fuse and relay location for a 2004 1150rtp.   With out the public safety.  I had a horn fuse blow out.    So I thought I would use this to spend a little more time understanding locations.

Fuse and Relay box.jpg

I didnh't know there was a non-public service version of the RTP. I know not all RTP's were put into police service, but the fuse boxes on those bikes were all the same

If there is such a beast, woldn't the fuse box lay out be the same as a civilian RT

I have a 2003 RTP, my fuse box is a lot busier then yours, almost double the fuses and relays

33 minutes ago, Mark James said:

Does someone have a picture that identifies fuse and relay location for a 2004 1150rtp.   With out the public safety.  I had a horn fuse blow out.    So I thought I would use this to spend a little more time understanding locations.

Evening Mark

Unfortunately the police bikes are not all the same when it comes to electrical relays & locations as each police department has their own police equipment electrical requirements. The good news is that most of the standard fuse & relay layout is the same as the standard non-police bike. 

So in your fuse box the front relay row is the same as the civilian 2004 1150RT motorcycle.

The second row of relays is the same as civilian except for one extra relay on the L/H end of the 2nd row is a police bike used relay (usage depends on build requirement).  The other relay on the L/H end of 2nd row  is for the 2nd load relief relay (all late 2004 1150RT twin spark bikes have that).

On the rear (fuse) row the L/H side fuse row is pretty similar to the civilian 1150RT with the exception of the radio fuse. 

The R/H side of the rear row of fuses is all police requirement fuses (I do have a fuse layout of that row but it can be different for different police departments so it could be about as inaccurate as it is accurate).

It doesn't matter anyhow as you show no fuses in that row.

Your #4 (horn fuse) looks to be missing. Some police bikes didn't use that fuse but instead used a police area fuse so the horn could blow even with the key off. (did your bike ever have a #4 fuse???)

Thanks.

I bought new group of relays for shits and giggles.   Thought I would change out the starter motor, load relief , horn,fuel pump, flasher unit.   So I thought I would check and change all the fuses since I blew one...    I think The horn relay may have been a mistake of mine.   Hooked a a plug in Ctech battery charger pluin while I was at it.

Thanks for the info