IGNORED

2004 R1150R TB Sync

OlGeezer

I'm back on an Oilhead after many years. I rode an '02 R1150RT for 10 years. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I did all the Level 1 and Level 2 services. I'm now trying to refresh my memory on TB sync for the Roadster. I first looked at my Clymer and it says "This service must be performed by a dealership using the MoDiTeC unit". I always sync'd my TBs in my garage. I next tried to Google the procedure and all the reference material I saw had links to "Page not found". I seem to recall adjusting screw "A" in figure 155, page 95 for idle adjustment and the cable nut above the right TB for off idle. 

Can someone point me to a valid reference link so I can confirm/change my thinking on how to do this?

TIA

2 hours ago, OlGeezer said:

It looks like the procedure stored in my feeble memory.

No difference between R1100 and R1150?

Afternoon OlGeezer

Just keep in mind that a lot of that information was written in the BMW 1100 era (single cable 1100 motorcycles) so can be somewhat incorrect for your 1150 (twin spark). Anything written about, or including, "crossover cable" could be inaccurate (procedure wise) for  your 1150 twin cable Bowden box system as the 1150 bikes don't use a crossover cable.

Same with TPS settings or TPS adjustments as some of that is based on Lentini's  1100 work & some of his work has been proven inaccurate over the years.

Thanks, DR, for the reminder. I'm not planning on touching the cables or TPS at this time, just syncing TBs.

Are you aware of any more current publications regarding tuning the twin spark Oilheads?

Thank you

32 minutes ago, OlGeezer said:

Thanks, DR, for the reminder. I'm not planning on touching the cables or TPS at this time, just syncing TBs.

Are you aware of any more current publications regarding tuning the twin spark Oilheads?

Thank you

Afternoon Bill

You might have to adjust the cables if the above idle balance is not correct. The BBS screws are ONLY for curb idle balance setting. Anything above idle is set with cable adjustment.

There might be something more modern written but I don't know of anything offhand.  I have my own  system that works so seldom look at, or pay attention to, any of those on-line how-to's. 

You can check your idle & above idle balance but before adjusting "anything" you really should clean the BBS screw tips & clean BBS screw passages, plus adjust your valves as both valve adjustment & BBS passage coking can effect TB balance.