IGNORED

2013 R1200 RT with Bar Risers Bolt Length

Mike05

I'm adding a left-over-from-another-bike set of (Suburban Machine) "Bar Risers" to a 2013 R1200 RT.    Unfortunately Suburban Machine no longer makes bar risers for the 2011-2013 RT's & I don't have the bolts to do this.

Anyone know the size of the longer bolt used with bar risers?  I'm not sure what size/length to buy.

Edited by Mike05

I’ll measure mine when I get home tomorrow. You’ll need a slightly longer front brake line as the riser well stretch the stock line. 

My stock bolt has thread 25mm long, the ones holding the riser on are 30mm so 5mm longer.  I can't find the brake line receipt but it was about 1/2 - 3/4" longer.  I tried installing the riser with the stock brake line and it was pulled too tight and I don't want to lose the front brakes.  

good luck.

I installed Illiumworks risers which raise the bars up and offset them back about 3/4". I got the longer brake line and installed it but I think it was really borderline. If the SM risers are up only, then you might not need to change the brake line.

10 minutes ago, Pappy35 said:

I installed Illiumworks risers which raise the bars up and offset them back about 3/4". I got the longer brake line and installed it but I think it was really borderline. If the SM risers are up only, then you might not need to change the brake line.

I think that's correct.  Also, no factory GPS so don't need longer brake line; bar riser only, not bar back & bar riser.

• 2 weeks later...