CoarsegoldKid

North meets South 2020, Oakhurst, Yosemite

CoarsegoldKid

Okay everyone the 2020 North Meets South event in Oakhurst at the Comfort Inn is on April 24-25.  Rooms are 93.00 bucks a night.  Normally 128/night for this weekend.  This includes a decent breakfast.  Wait there's more.  Including walking distance to liquor store at no extra charge. For those of you new to the forum or the event you can do no wrong attending this weekend of riding, tire & oil threads, and just plain fun.  Yosemite Nat'l Park is 20 minutes up the road.  Plenty of mountain and foothill roads to keep a smile on your face.  Normally a large group from So. Cal will meet in Tehachapi on Friday morning for a full day of tire scrubbing. For those of you that like to take it off pavement there are plenty of dirty forest roads minutes from the motel in Oakhurst.  I know someone that can lead a group in that endeavor.  Let me if know if that floats your boat. 

Also I'll check on the restaurants for Friday and Sunday.  The Sweetwater is no longer so I must do some recon but the Yosemite Grill across the street has always done us right for one of those evenings.

When you call to reserve your room tell them you are will the BMW Group to get the good guy price.

Comfort Inn phone is (559) 683-8282

• Like 2

eddd

Registered.  Always a good time.

• Like 1

Traveler1

Registered - Looking forward to it. 

LBump

Registered. 

Gal that took the registration said April is filling up fast... 

hedstrom

HeyFrank and I will be there, if only I can keep track of Frank underway. or he will be sleeping somewhere else..

Hedstrom

• Like 2

RT Russ

IN and booked. I have a double room in case the place books up and anyone needs to share. 

mrduck

Room reserved and the Friday Tehachapi to Oakhurst back road ride will be on again!

Always a good time in Oakhurst, see ya soon.......

Don J

C_Williams

In, room reserved.

looking forward for this event and the ride up with The Unusual Suspects

longjohn

im down

BrianT

A little late to this party, but I'm IN and booked.  :bike:

CoarsegoldKid

Hey all, we do get news up here in the hills.  Currently Oakhurst is very quiet as you might expect.  I'm not yet calling it a no go.  I'll revisit the plan later in April to give you plenty of time cancel.  If you do cancel please post.

thanks, keep your distance and be safe

stubble!

Hopeful we don’t need to but resigned to it if we do.

CoarsegoldKid

Well my good friends since what I was afraid of happening is going to happen.  Event canceled.

• Sad 2

Traveler1

Going to miss this one, but you made a good call Joe.   See you next year.

• Like 2

CoarsegoldKid

Same here Thor.

RT Russ

Cancelled my reservation today. Bummed beyond words, stir crazy as an alley cat. Hope to see everyone soon. Please stay isolated and be safe until we ride again!

Russ