IGNORED

Temecula Days- Relocated to Ramona March 21st 2020

graydude

What's this you this you say?  Temecula Days in Ramona (east San Diego county)?  Time to shake things up a bit.  Our previous HQ , the Motel Six in Temecula, is still close to $180 per night.  I've found a great motel in Downtown Ramona for less than half!  Temecula Days, Ramona Days, is the first organized ride of the year.  A great chance for new comers to meet other riders.  All bikes are welcome except loud pipes.  I can't hear my XM radio.  Here is what you can expect from this fun weekend:

• Clean, comfortable motel with the required tire kicking parking lot
  • Five restaurants and taverns within  walking distance
  • Great weather in March
  • New riding experiences for many.  Yes, we will do Palomar Mountain!
  • Chance to make fun of EDDDDDD
  • No ocean this year

The ride will be on Saturday morning, March 21st with side stands up at 9:00.  I'm working on our group rate which will be for Friday and Saturday nights.  Plan on close to 250 miles for the day.  No crashes allowed this year.

I need to get a show of hands to gauge interest so please respond.  As long as I have one other rider, it will be on!

No EDDDDDD on that date.  I'm committed to the ATV Jamboree.  I told you about that a while back, but I understand that with your age comes diminished mental capacity. 

Had to google Ramona........I see there’s a Tractor Supply store and a Starbux so sounds like a civilized place.........

.is 243 from  Banning up thru Idylwild open? That would Make for a good back road ride to get there...... 

So I’m in!

Ramona Mainstage, a movie theater converted to a concert venue that's a block or two from the motel, has "Berlin" ("L.A.’s iconic synth electro-pop pioneers") playing on Friday night and "4NR: The Foreigner Concert Experience" playing on Saturday night.

I've only been to Ramona restaurants for lunch, not dinner, but the food is great at Marinade on Main and they have craft beer on tap.  Service, at least at lunch, is slow.  There are plenty of cheaper, less "gourmet" options.

I'm probably in.  I can almost certainly show up for the ride, even if I can't make the overnights.

7 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Which, oddly enough, is performed in Hemet, rather than in Ramona.

You do know the name of the woman in the play is Ramona right?

• Like 2

Here is the room scoop:

• $84 per night including tax for two double beds or King single.  Our block is for Friday and Saturday, March 20, and 21 but you can book one night if you like
  • Call the Ramona Valley Inn directly at 760-789-6433
  • Reservation code is BMWST
  • located at 416 Main Street, Ramona CA.  Main Street is actually Hwy 78.  From I-15 south, exit Hwy 78 and in 11 miles you will be there!
  • Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance.  Some will have live music.
  • I will arrange a group dinner for Saturday night for those interested.
  • Rooms are on the Exchange Club in Beatty level.  Clean and basic
  • I'll have a few beverages available 
  • We will be exploring some new roads so this will be fun!

See ya in March!

ramona.thumb.jpg.0033fd2b6fcdb3ec42ff7eb5f827a6b2.jpg

10 hours ago, CoarsegoldKid said:

I can't make this ride.  You guys behave.  See you in Oakhurst.

I aim to misbehave.  We'll miss you.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, mrduck said:

Had to google Ramona........I see there’s a Tractor Supply store and a Starbux so sounds like a civilized place.........

.is 243 from  Banning up thru Idylwild open? That would Make for a good back road ride to get there...... 

So I’m in!

243 looks to be open.  I'd really like to do that one again, so I might do the whole mountain route:  Angeles Crest Shell>Wrightwood>Big Bear>down 38>10>243>Idylllwild>Ramona.  About 330mi.  Hmmm,  long day.

edit:  oh a slight edit to the pic:

ramona.jpg.d4e3a80b466f9b7d9441a7e2fde5d896a.thumb.jpg.8c00c33945d24bb9da99717f61303963.jpg

Longjohn I was planning on a bit shorter route,  Wrightwood to 15, slab to Banning, then 243 thru Idlywild (gotta be someplace there for a decent piece of pie for lunch!) then a leisurely ride down the mountain  to Ramona........ 

Don J

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:28 AM, mrduck said:

Longjohn I was planning on a bit shorter route,  Wrightwood to 15, slab to Banning, then 243 thru Idlywild (gotta be someplace there for a decent piece of pie for lunch!) then a leisurely ride down the mountain  to Ramona........ 

Don J

Don,

Let me know your trip plan with meeting points.. I may want to join you guys for the trip down to Ramona

On 2/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, mrduck said:

Don J

So Don, what time do you anticipate leaving Wrightwood?

edit:  Wait a sec.  You do realize that there is 51 miles of freeway to get to Banning???????  :grin:

2 hours ago, longjohn said:

So Don, what time do you anticipate leaving Wrightwood?

edit:  Wait a sec.  You do realize that there is 51 miles of freeway to get to Banning???????  :grin:

Wrightwood....you’ve got a longer ride to get there so we’ll time it with you and    Hedstrom , I’m coming up from the desert side......

51 miles of fwy......yeah, hoping to time that so we miss the commuters, boring but quicker. And since I have zero experience with lane splitting, here’s your opportunity to pay me back for  all the dirt and frozen gravel roads I’ve led you guys down! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, mrduck said:

Wrightwood....you’ve got a longer ride to get there so we’ll time it with you and    Hedstrom , I’m coming up from the desert side......

51 miles of fwy......yeah, hoping to time that so we miss the commuters, boring but quicker. And since I have zero experience with lane splitting, here’s your opportunity to pay me back for  all the dirt and frozen gravel roads I’ve led you guys down! :classic_laugh:

Or, I could meet you at the top of Angeles Forest Hwy at that rest stop/parking lot. 

edit. Otoh 2 may still be closed...  almost 6wks for the snow to melt, hmmm it’s possible

2 hours ago, longjohn said:

im down

Sorry to hear you're down...  is something broken...??

Hope you're able to get things in working order. :burnout

• Haha 1

I'm obviously in. 

Great burgers at "Up the Hill Grill"
Very good BBQ at Mainstage.
Molly's Pub or Cheers for drinks
Lot's of local wineries.  Grant James, Turtle Rock and Milagro are our favorites

Of course the fantastic riding to Palomar or out to Borrego Springs never gets old
Marisco's has excellent Mexican food

M

I am also offering up my home if people would like to hang out here as opposed to the Ramona Motel.  I have a lot of seating.  I could cook a brisket for Saturday night dinner.  Let me know what you think.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, C_Williams said:

Put me down for the long way down to Ramona!

The last time I did the “longway”, actually the only time I did it, I started in San dimas >gmr>mt baldy>upland>210>15>138>18>38>10>243>idyllwild...

It was a memorable day. Yes it was long but worth it. Aaaaand since Glendora ridge road is now open (:clap::clap::clap:)I’m inclined to do this route again. 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, mrduck said:

Don J

Maybe something like this?

Wrightwood to Ramona

Booked at the Ramona Valley Inn for Friday and Saturday. 

Not sure where I'm coming from or going after, but I guess I can figure that out later :classic_wink: 

Mike Cassidy

6 hours ago, graydude said:

How many interested in Dinner at the BBQ joint just down the street?  Give me an idea and I’ll call the place to,give a heads up. 

Friday or Saturday?

In either case, put me down for 2 people please!

11 hours ago, graydude said:

How many interested in Dinner at the BBQ joint just down the street?  Give me an idea and I’ll call the place to,give a heads up. 

I could be talked into it... 

20 hours ago, graydude said:

Sure, sounds good.  Do they have a seniors menu?  Are rounds of PBR on Todd?

Mike C

On 2/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, graydude said:

Me too!

Don J

On 2/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, graydude said:

Room is booked and add me to the dinner list …… and the Bourbon list.  :beer:

• Like 1

Due to unimaginable tragedy I will not be able to participate this time. My 11 year old grandson fell 300 feet to his death in the Catskills mountains this past weekend. I will attend to his family 

Hedstrom

• Sad 9
6 hours ago, hedstrom said:

Due to unimaginable tragedy I will not be able to participate this time. My 11 year old grandson fell 300 feet to his death in the Catskills mountains this past weekend. I will attend to his family 

Hedstrom

Elba and I want you to know our hearts go out to your entire Family. We will keep you in our prayers. 

• Like 1
On 3/4/2020 at 7:04 AM, hedstrom said:

Hedstrom

So sorry to hear of this tragic event.  

Ed

On 3/4/2020 at 6:04 AM, hedstrom said:

Hedstrom

Very sad to hear of your lose Hakan.  My condolences to you and your family.  

Well, after due consideration and contemplation I have flown home and will be missing the event.  

The rapid increase in COVID-19 cases in California soured my enthusiasm and brought up the potential for mandatory 14d isolation/quarantine either in California or on my return home.  Where would I stay in California?  At least at home I can sit in my den and keep busy.   

Hope everyone has a good time.  Maybe things will settle down by November, and I can come back for DVD.  

Mike C