IGNORED

REV’IT! Expedition H2O Boots Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

REV’IT! Expedition H2O Boots Review intro

An MX Boot Buster for ADV?

Is there such a thing as the perfect adventure riding boot? I didn’t think so until a pair of REV’IT!’s new Expedition H2O’s had me wondering.

The H2O’s aren’t just good, they’re a game changer. REV’IT! combined the best features from full-on MX and touring boots into a hybrid which is strong, durable, comfortable, flexible and highly waterproof! The result is a confidence inspiring boot that will protect your lower extremities in the most demanding riding situations and still keep feet dry and warm on the coldest winter days.

The boot fits and feels most a like touring boot, even though a bulkier shin protection and TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) shin plate extends high enough to offer real protection. Those who wear street cut pants which taper at the ankle may find the top section of the Expedition a tight squeeze and opt for the similar, but less robust Discovery H20’s.

RevIt H2O Boots Review bottom

A big surprise was how good they felt when walking and away from the bike thanks to the softer lowers with less rigid plastic. It’s also worth mentioning that the H2O’s are “squeak-less.” If you’ve ever worn MX or enduro boots you’ll know what I mean. At last, I can walk around and not sound like a bag of rusting door hinges. The articulated ankle design plays a big part in this, but it’s also worth mentioning the H2O’s use a quality Vibram sole patterned just for riding.

If that wasn’t enough, I can tell you that the Expedition H20’s are some of the lightest adventure boots I’ve ever worn. Plus, the BOA lacing system is extremely fast to use while literally allowing one-pop tension relief which is great for cooling your feet at a stop. These features along with a water-proof and breathable Hydratex membrane add up to one comfortable, strong and convenient set of boots.

OK, so what’s the biggest reason you’ll not find these in your Christmas goody bag? Well, these boots are at the higher end of the price spectrum and will set you back over $700. But, if you’re looking for some of the most versatile all-purpose adventure boots around, the Expedition’s are worth a look. Available in black and brown colors.

MSRP: $769.99

REVITSport.com

RevIt H2O Boots Review verticalPros

• So far very waterproof

• More protection than a standard touring boot

• BOA system is strong, fast and easy to use

Vibram sole specifically designed for riding

• Relatively quite squeak-free walking

Cons 

• Expensive high-tech boots

• May not fit pants with narrow taper towards ankle

Where to Buy: