Sign in to follow this  
Claudio

Photo or Diagram of F800ST Stock Cable Routing/Clips

Claudio

Greetings everyone.

My wife's ST had the MV risers installed and the cables routed so no extension was necessary (this was done by our local BMW dealer back in 2008). We are now selling the bike and will use the MV risers on her new 2019 F800GT.

I want to return the routing of the brake, clutch, and throttle cables to their stock location after removing the risers, however, my Haynes repair manual doesn't show the original routing.

Does anyone have a diagram or a photo (or can you take a photo from top and bottom) showing the original routing and position of the cables at/around the triple tree?

I've figured out that the brake cable goes under the lower tree and is held in place with a guide, however, I am not sure if the brake line should go on the inside or outside of the steering damper mount on the lower tree (it works in either position but there is likely a correct way).

Claudio

A photo of an F800GT would work too as I suspect this routing would be the same.  (PS - I would look at our new F800GT but we haven't taken delivery yet).

lkraus

Does this help?

image.png.c134cf0e42332b9aa6b0cb4c2f854591.png

• Like 1

Claudio
13 hours ago, lkraus said:

Does this help?

Huge thanks for taking the time to post that Larry. Much appreciated.

I failed to mention that it is an ABS model. I think the diagram you are showing is a non-ABS unit. (do you have the ABS version by chance, this view would be perfect?)

On ours, the main brake line from the handlebar goes back behind the triple tree (I presume to the ABS module)

lkraus

ABS model: 

image.png.455e54fd7caadf1fadc231faf96bbc5f.png

• Like 1

Claudio

Thanks so very much. Perfect!!!