litigator

Portland Oregon Storage

litigator

I need a place to store my bike in the Portland area with an outlet for my battery maintainer. I have a son living in the area and will use the bike a few times a year when visiting. Any suggestions? The storage unit places don't have power.  gbagen@comcast.net

Ken S

I don't know anything specific in the Portland area.  But I once stored a bike in a storage facility, and connected it to a solar-powered charger out in the sun.  It was in an inconspicuous location and was there when I returned.  Probably not something to count on normally.

roadscholar

I've left bikes, cars, and RV's in storage in Colorado and NM for up to 11 months at a time. I disconnect the battery so there's no draw on it, 95% of the time they always start. There are jump boxes now that'll fit in your pocket just in case though. 

There was one bike I always left the battery hooked up (hard to get to) and the fuel petcock on as a kind of science experiment. An old KLR with 40,000 tough miles, in 10 years of sitting dormant 8-11 months at a time it never failed to start. Don't think I'd try it with a modern BMW or Ducati : )