IGNORED

New to me 2015 R1200R

Tpoppa

Been riding for 20-something years, and have owned 20-something motorcycles.

I just bought a well kitted 2015 R1200R.  I'm looking forward to racking up some miles this year.

BMW R1200R.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Whew, we were getting a little RT heavy on the front page. :classic_biggrin:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.   :18:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bernie said:

Hope to see you at START 2020.

Possibly.  I do an Appalachian ride every year, but usually in June when the days are longest.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Possibly.  I do an Appalachian ride every year, but usually in June when the days are longest.

Well, sounds like you should do two. We have one event in spring, START and one in the fall, FART. 

1 hour ago, LAF said:

SO how is the new bike?

Since it has been crickets on this forum, I figured you and everyone else been out getting miles on.

Or waiting for my bike to come back from MAX BMW  For its yearly… Oh golly  I’m not a patient man. LOL

• Like 1
Kerry in Mpls
On 1/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Tpoppa said:

Been riding for 20-something years, and have owned 20-something motorcycles.

I just bought a well kitted 2015 R1200R.  I'm looking forward to racking up some miles this year.

Wow, gorgeous!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 8:47 AM, LAF said:

SO how is the new bike?

Since it has been crickets on this forum, I figured you and everyone else been out getting miles on.

It was able to ride it yesterday for really the first time.  Weather cooperated and I was able to squeeze in almost 100 miles.

I like long days of twisty back roads at a sporting pace, so...my favorites bikes have always been sporty bikes with the chops to tour (I've owned more than a few).  The R1200R is exactly what I hoped it would be. 

First impressions...the front end feels fantastic.  It is absolutely planted in corners and quite confidence inspiring.  The riding position fits me perfectly.  I see this being a great mount for 400-600 mile days.  I like the water boxer motor more than I expected.  It doesn't feel related to the last boxer I owned (2000 R1100R), which was a nice bike, but a little "tame." 

A couple years ago I sold a 2010 Honda VFR1200 which I liked a lot...mostly.  The R1200R should fill that role even better.  While it doesn't have the outright HP of the VFR...the BMW is 100lbs lighter and has all the options/electronics that Honda is too stubborn to build.   

Can't wait for better weather so I can take it to some really good roads :)  

• Like 1