IGNORED

Shift cam

gordiet

William, you've got a tastefully tweaked RT there, let that enthusiasm fly! :yes: Now just don't fly past me on a muddy dirt trail! :revit: :grin:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Setmanrob said:

Love my 2019 rt option 

bmw.jpg

RTs are great bikes. I’ve had three of them. One being a wet head. This time I went with the RS1250 (the yellow one on the opening page. So far so good. Love the motor.😁

• Like 1
On 1/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, gordiet said:

I don’t see many posts concerning the 1250shift cam. That must mean they pretty good because no one is complaining.:5188:

Ya, I don't like my '19 1250GSA, the damn thing is just too smooth, along with that, the throttle response has no delay in it, just to quick.  I know that many like to keep their bikes in the lower double digits, but this thing just keeps reaching the low triple digits....I'm not too fond of that either but it crawls up there a few times a week.  At only 4600 miles since I got it, I've not had to do any maintenance, I prefer maintenance intensive bikes......it ensures that I tinker with the bits and pieces and have bits and pieces left over to put on the shelf for decorations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

Ya, I don't like my '19 1250GSA, the damn thing is just too smooth, along with that, the throttle response has no delay in it, just to quick.  I know that many like to keep their bikes in the lower double digits, but this thing just keeps reaching the low triple digits....I'm not too fond of that either but it crawls up there a few times a week.  At only 4600 miles since I got it, I've not had to do any maintenance, I prefer maintenance intensive bikes......it ensures that I tinker with the bits and pieces and have bits and pieces left over to put on the shelf for decorations.

sarcasm_o_276587.jpg

:grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 1/17/2020 at 12:09 PM, gordiet said:

I don’t see many posts concerning the 1250shift cam. That must mean they pretty good because no one is complaining.:5188:

Mine has roughly 11.5K miles on it. The spark plugs cost $27 each. That's my motor complaint.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:09 AM, gordiet said:

Correct. Just nice. Capable of more than I can use. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, PadG said:

How about $11.86 each!  Bought them from here twice now, for my '15 RT.

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=29929

I have bought plugs from here for several years but now they don’t seem to be here anymore.  A few weeks ago I tried to order and they showed to be backordered.  Now the website doesn’t seem to exist.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:14 AM, Rockosmith said:

I have bought plugs from here for several years but now they don’t seem to be here anymore.  A few weeks ago I tried to order and they showed to be backordered.  Now the website doesn’t seem to exist.

Right!  Forgot about that, which had also happened to me the last time.  The site is there, but the product seems to be forever on back order.  I think that I had found some at similar price on eBay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 8:30 AM, PadG said:

How about $11.86 each!  Bought them from here twice now, for my '15 RT.

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=29929

Those plugs are not specified for the R1250s. NGK LMAR8AI-10 are for the 1250. Also, the R1250 plugs are iridium, single electrode plugs and are of a different heat range. Those for the R1200s are cheaper, not iriduim, dual electrode plugs. 

Also, this forum is for "Shift-cam", you know, R1250s, not wet-head R1200s. 

I don't complain too much because there are only two plugs vs. the four on my former 2005 R1200RT :)