IGNORED

Mobile Warming Dual Power Heated Jacket Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Mobile Warming Heated Jacket intro

Having recently moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, I realized that if I wanted to extend my riding season, heated gear would make for a much more enjoyable commute during the winter months. Not wanting to have to plug and unplug heated gear during short commutes and trips around town, I put the Mobile Warming Dual Power Heated Jacket on the top of my list to try out.

Mobile Warming Jacket front

The Dual Power Heated Jacket can be directly connected to your bike's 12-volt system, or can be powered by the included 12-volt 5.2mAh lithium-ion battery, which has a bonus built-in flashlight and USB charging port. The jacket has four heat settings controlled by a button located on the chest that can be easily adjusted while riding, providing heat for up to 11 hours at the lowest setting. There are heating elements located on the chest, back, and in the sleeves to ensure equal distribution of heat throughout the jacket, and I have experienced no issues with individual hot spots. The battery pack lets me heat up the jacket before I even put it on so by the time I pull out of the garage, I am already toasty.

The Windshark outer shell is water-resistant and windproof and, when combined with the fleece inner liner, makes for a warm and comfortable jacket on its own, so I don’t have to run the jacket on high heat allowing for longer battery life. The jacket has thumb holes in the sleeve liner making it easy to put on riding gear over the top of the jacket. Wearing the heated jacket under my GORE-TEX riding gear keeps me plenty toasty with temperatures in the 20°F range during morning commutes.

Check out their website to see other available heated gear options. The jacket has integrated connectors to easily add heated pants and gloves if you want to feel the warmth all over. Price includes the battery, 12V power lead adapter, and AC charger.

MobileWarming.com

MSRP: $299.99

PROS:

• Dual power for flexibility of operation
• Easy to change heat settingss
• Heats up quick before you even put it on

CONS:

• Wish I had gone with heated gear sooner!GuPeVDBkUxk

View the full article