Sign in to follow this  
Veefore

Ebony Metallic Paint Code and Availability

Veefore

So I'm at a bit of a loss.  After inquiring about touch up paint at my dealer for my 15' Ebony metallic RT they told me BMW doesn't offer touch up and pointed me towards Color Rite....no dice, they don't offer it either.  I thought I saw the code was NC9 and found a company called paint scratch that had it......it came today and no dice, this is dark grey metallic. Any thoughts?

strataj

You have the correct paint code NC9.  I'd check back with your vendor. 

92Merc

It might not hurt to put a small streak on some plastic, just to see what color it actually dries out to.  I've put some paint on the walls before, and what it actually dried out to didn't like like the same color I put on the wall wet.

Veefore

Thanks for the responses guys - why wouldn't BMW offer this directly?  perplexing  

Skywagon

My bike is the same color.  I've talked to a couple of the paint suppliers above.  They told me this color is not a single color but rather 3 colors that are a compound application and that is why there isn't a touch up paint for it.  BMW dealer told me the same thing.  I just wanted to touch up the side case tiny bit but so far no luck.  One of the members here took his top case to an automotive paint shop and they painted to match.  It looked good, but that is far more paint work than I need...just a chip or two.  If you figure it out post back here please.

Veefore
17 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

My bike is the same color.  I've talked to a couple of the paint suppliers above.  They told me this color is not a single color but rather 3 colors that are a compound application and that is why there isn't a touch up paint for it.  BMW dealer told me the same thing.  I just wanted to touch up the side case tiny bit but so far no luck.  One of the members here took his top case to an automotive paint shop and they painted to match.  It looked good, but that is far more paint work than I need...just a chip or two.  If you figure it out post back here please.

Will do, as i said NC9 showed up as what I assume is Callisto Grey.  Same issue here,  one small stone chip above my headlight - not looking to "Earl Schieb" the whole bike, lol.