IGNORED

37 braking hrs in 4 yrs

RussInParis

RussInParis

Just got back from getting a (free) ABS checkout on our 2002 RT. They gave me a nice printout which I presume came from the ABS computer.

Among the interesting items: apparently I've used the braking system for 37 hrs 16 mins 55 sec from new, and in that time the front ABS system kicked in for 1 min and 1 sec and the rear for only 30 secs.

Also, total time on the ABS computer is 519 hrs 55 min 28 secs, which with our mileage of 37,807 kms makes an average speed of about 73 km/h. Obviously lots of highway miles there...

I wish we had access to all the various computer settings. Probably be pretty interesting.

Russ

ShovelStrokeEd

I would wonder if the computer took into account stopped time. That is sitting at a traffic light, maybe on a hill, with brake(s) engaged. Just curious.

ncsonderman

That type of info is really great! I would imagine that the computer takes into account all of the time that the ignition is on.

I serviced my own, so I don't have any cool stats bncry.gif, I can always just make them up thumbsup.gif

I wonder if all those numbers are lost when the Motronic loses power? Being the stats freak I am I'd like to know how much of my 100K miles was spent braking...

Archived