Sign in to follow this  
RPondaRoad

Sierra Mountain Passes

RPondaRoad

I stumbled onto a website that lists 22  major paved mountain passes of the Sierra Nevada.  As I read through the site I thought that it would be helpful to those who are coming west to ride, and who would like a reliable resource to help with their plans.  There is a lot of info on the net about specific routes, but what makes this site different is that it is focused on where the passes are, what they are called and where they begin and end.  The site covers the Sierra from the northern to the southern parts of the state and lists the passes by Northern, Central and Southern Sierra.  The site doesn't detail every twisty turn or road crack,  but it does identify all of the passes, where they are, what elevations you'll cross and a brief description including when the best time to ride them is.  For someone doing trip planning and who want to play at altitude, it's a great launching point.  There is also a section on weather in the Sierra that is worthwhile for anyone visiting regardless of the time of year and even a section on which roads close for the winter.  The site can be found here: https://sierramountainpasses.com/  Click on "About the Passes" to get started.

• Like 3

eddd

Interesting site.  For a quick up to date status on passes near US 50/I-80 check here.

• Like 2

dba

That is a cool site.  I'm pretty luck as I live within 60 minutes of Spooner, Monitor, Ebbetts, Carson, Luther, Daggett, Brockway and Echo.  

• Like 1