IGNORED

Anchor points for passenger seat luggage

Riderdrumr

Hi everyone!

On my old ST1100, I used to love the convenience of strapping my laptop bag onto the rear seat. The seat had a couple pull-out rails at the outside base of the seat on which you could attach a bungee net. No such luck on the RT. My bungee net hooks don't securely attach to the grabrails. I've seen luggage anchors for sale but I'm not too keen on drilling holes in the top of the panniers or elsewhere on the bike. Am I missing something, an easy solution, a good product, etc...?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Riderdrumr said:

Hi everyone!

On my old ST1100, I used to love the convenience of strapping my laptop bag onto the rear seat. The seat had a couple pull-out rails at the outside base of the seat on which you could attach a bungee net. No such luck on the RT. My bungee net hooks don't securely attach to the grabrails. I've seen luggage anchors for sale but I'm not too keen on drilling holes in the top of the panniers or elsewhere on the bike. Am I missing something, an easy solution, a good product, etc...?

Thanks!

Morning  Riderdrumr

It kind of depends on the design of your bungee net. My bungee net has the hooks on short lengths of bungee so I just wrap the hook bungee cords around the grab handle then hook the hooks back into the net itself, or if a small package just hook the hooks to each other across the top of seat above the net.  

If you have long enough bungee cords on the hook bungee's you can even remove the hooks from one side then hook  the other side (remaining) hooks back into the (removed hook) loops.