IGNORED

Spark plug wrench size ?

greenrider

Hi

2011 r1200rt

Can someone confirm the spark plug wrench size.  It's not 16mm but it would like to know what size it actually is before I buy one. Guessing it might be 14mm

21 minutes ago, greenrider said:

Hi

2011 r1200rt

Can someone confirm the spark plug wrench size.  It's not 16mm but it would like to know what size it actually is before I buy one. Guessing it might be 14mm

camhead spark plug.JPG

I was on my phone and in a hurry before. You NEED to use a thin walled 19 14mm (9/16's works too and is the one I use) socket. I got mine for $7 at Autozone so it's not an expensive, specialized tool. Use something else and you risk getting it jammed in the recess. This happened to someone on one of these forums (I forget who or where or I would have posted a link) and you DO NOT want this to happen to you.

30 minutes ago, Pappy35 said:

I was on my phone and in a hurry before. You NEED to use a thin walled 19mm (9/16's works too and is the one I use) socket. I got mine for $7 at Autozone so it's not an expensive, specialized tool. Use something else and you risk getting it jammed in the recess. This happened to someone on one of these forums (I forget who or where or I would have posted a link) and you DO NOT want this to happen to you.

Evening Pappy35

19mm is very close to 3/4" not 9/16". 

32 minutes ago, Pappy35 said:

I was on my phone and in a hurry before. You NEED to use a thin walled 19mm (9/16's works too and is the one I use) socket. I got mine for $7 at Autozone so it's not an expensive, specialized tool. Use something else and you risk getting it jammed in the recess. This happened to someone on one of these forums (I forget who or where or I would have posted a link) and you DO NOT want this to happen to you.

19mm socket on a Camhead?

I'll never understand why people will pay $50 for a tool that can be had for $7. There are instances, like torque wrenches and such where one is buying precision, but a spark plug socket isn't one of them.

• 2 months later...